TCU Horned Frogs: Win-Loss Schedule - Statistical Analysis

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
In years past, there were usually one or two Hornfrogs that had talent and you knew could keep them in the game if they were on. I'm seeing 3 or 4 guys that can pull their sled. From the little I've seen of them this year, they look like a better coached, more mature team. They're certainly not going to roll over for us, so we'll need to bring another great effort. They can get loose with their ball handling though.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I am going to Dallas this weekend to watch 2 things, the Cyclones pith them Toads and the Packers send the crygirls home. BOTH ARE GONNA GAPPEN.
I went to the 2015 game that was played at a HS gym while TCU's arena was being renovated; there must have been 2-3 ISU fans for every TCU fan. It was senior night and ISU fans showed a lot of class by applauding loudly for the departing players when they realized that the 500 or so TCU fans weren't making much noise for them. I think ISU scored on 18 straight possessions in the 2nd half (after a rough 1st half).

I hope we have a good ISU crowd there again. TCU fans have some reasons to go to the games now.

I recommend the meat sampler at Babb Brothers BBQ.

mikehike14

Jun 27, 2016
I went to the 2015 game that was played at a HS gym while TCU's arena was being renovated; there must have been 2-3 ISU fans for every TCU fan. It was senior night and ISU fans showed a lot of class by applauding loudly for the departing players when they realized that the 500 or so TCU fans weren't making much noise for them. I think ISU scored on 18 straight possessions in the 2nd half (after a rough 1st half).

I hope we have a good ISU crowd there again. TCU fans have some reasons to go to the games now.

I like the name.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I like the name.
Nick and Chris' dad came and talked hoops with me there for a half hour earlier that afternoon when he saw my ISU shirt. Great guy. That was Nick's freshman year at Arkansas and he laughed that the Razorbacks "coudn't handle the Hilton" earlier in the season. I could tell he really liked ISU and Hoiberg so I wasn't too surprised when NWB transferred after that season.

The Clones used to eat there when Chris played; maybe they'll go back.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I am going to Dallas this weekend to watch 2 things, the Cyclones pith them Toads and the Packers send the crygirls home. BOTH ARE GONNA GAPPEN.

I was at Lambeau Sunday.....what an AWESOME experience. Even better than the 2014 divisional playoff against the Cowgirls. I am hoping that you are successful in both cases....

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Thanks for the links, BBF. Always fun to crunch numbers. Interesting to note that while the Cyclones' offensive number declined only from 1.112 to 1.100, their defensive number has gone from 1.020 to .883. So even though there has been some hand-wringing about not enough scoring, overall the metrics are much better.

• Winner
Reactions: CycloneBBFan

mikehike14

Jun 27, 2016
Nick and Chris' dad came and talked hoops with me there for a half hour earlier that afternoon when he saw my ISU shirt. Great guy. That was Nick's freshman year at Arkansas and he laughed that the Razorbacks "coudn't handle the Hilton" earlier in the season. I could tell he really liked ISU and Hoiberg so I wasn't too surprised when NWB transferred after that season.

The Clones used to eat there when Chris played; maybe they'll go back.
I googled that place. They have a blues band playing that night and my hotel is in Dallas, so I know where to go after the game. I just need to decide what Cyclone shirt to wear and hat. My mom lives in Arkansas and a big razorback fan so I and my brothers took her to the game in Hilton. She now is a big Cyclone b-ball fan and watches them all the time. She did say they almost caused her many heart attacks last year.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Thanks for the links, BBF. Always fun to crunch numbers. Interesting to note that while the Cyclones' offensive number declined only from 1.112 to 1.100, their defensive number has gone from 1.020 to .883. So even though there has been some hand-wringing about not enough scoring, overall the metrics are much better.

You're welcome. I always do a thorough number's crunch before a game so it's just as easy for me to throw them in one spot since I'm doing it anyway. Enjoy.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I googled that place. They have a blues band playing that night and my hotel is in Dallas, so I know where to go after the game. I just need to decide what Cyclone shirt to wear and hat. My mom lives in Arkansas and a big razorback fan so I and my brothers took her to the game in Hilton. She now is a big Cyclone b-ball fan and watches them all the time. She did say they almost caused her many heart attacks last year.
Cyclone hoops live, ribs and blues. Sigh - my weekend is NOT going to be as good. Looks like I won't even get the game on my cable system. TCU's got a tough squad but I think ISU can pull out a close one. Enjoy!

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

mikehike14

Jun 27, 2016
Cyclone hoops live, ribs and blues. Sigh - my weekend is NOT going to be as good. Looks like I won't even get the game on my cable system. TCU's got a tough squad but I think ISU can pull out a close one. Enjoy!
Followed by GO PACK GO. I also look at current price of tickets, man maybe I should sell my packer ticket and go watch it in a bar, LOL.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

All-around excellent post.

P.S. Get the sausage with your meat sampler at Babb's. It is fantastic.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
One thing they can do to TCU is the same thing they did to OSU is force turnovers. Their guards have high TO numbers so I think ISU needs to continue to do that plus pick up the rebounding. I think Bowie, Burton and Young have all underperformed at rebounding in the Big 12 and are allowing too many offensive rebounds. If they can do a better job of that it will allow more run outs and transition opportunities.

TCU's big guy is having a really good year. Think this will be another game where whoever wins the last 5 minutes wins the game.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron