In memoriam of Brian Ferentz as Iowa's OC

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
This is true.

When Iowa played a decent team, like NDSU for instance, how was their awesome run game? I'll tell you... 34 TOTAL rush yards and a 1.4 yd average per rush.

Now when they got to their B1G schedule, then things eased up a lot for them and they played easier defenses than NDSU, so they racked up a lot more yards.

How this OL of Iowa's won any kind of awards, or were even nominated, is still beyond me. Sure, they were a good rushing OL, but a dreadful passing OL. They should not even be mentioned in the same paragraph as Alabama's OL, but yet they somehow beat them for this award. Obviously this award is a joke. 34 total rushing yards against NDSU!
Well to be fair, the award goes to the "toughest" OL, not necessarily the best. Semantics I know. The OL run blocked as well as anyone in the country. Pass blocking was ok to atrocious at different points in the season.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well to be fair, the award goes to the "toughest" OL, not necessarily the best. Semantics I know. The OL run blocked as well as anyone in the country. Pass blocking was ok to atrocious at different points in the season.

Because of who they played. Put Bama with Iowa's schedule and see what numbers they put up

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
ISU fans still trying to play the SOS argument, when the argument goes against them.

I'm always surprised at the innumeracy of the fan base from a supposed engineering school.

Good luck on 3 wins again next year. Storm is brewing.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
ISU fans still trying to play the SOS argument, when the argument goes against them.

I'm always surprised at the innumeracy of the fan base from a supposed engineering school.

Iowa played weak defensive teams this year and it has been proven.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Argument goes against us? Sure ISU didn't help the Iowa SOS, but that doesn't mean Iowa played more than a handful of decent teams.

Take ISU out of the SOS calculations and the Iowa SOS was still laughable for an FBS team.

Don't even get started on the 2015 SOS.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Argument goes against us? Sure ISU didn't help the Iowa SOS, but that doesn't mean Iowa played more than a handful of decent teams.

Take ISU out of the SOS calculations and the Iowa SOS was still laughable for an FBS team.

Love all the butt hurt on here. Lol

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA

Even with ISU they are at 33rd, how is that laughable? Ahead of Washington, Michigan, Oklahoma State, Penn St., V Tech, KSU, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Texas A&M, Washington St., Utah, Georgia, Baylor....

What criteria are you using for your "laughable" designation? Looks like ISU ended up 32nd, difference being Iowa helped ISU's while ISU once again drug Iowa's down.

Reactions: ICHawk24

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Heard there was an opening AD department for head of Women's sports. Kirk needs another million so Mary better apply.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA

JohnnyDakota

Jun 9, 2010
I like the hire also. Looks like Chris White (special teams coach) and Bobby Kennedy (WR coach) are out too.