Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Top 8, so half of the Top 8 was from the B1G

giphy.gif

Reactions: Dandy

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
When does Freerents hire the rest of the kids? Didn't he hire his future son-in-law to work in the office? He better hope Barta doesn't lose his job, or else they will be on food stamps.

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Their "good run game" is mostly due to who they play

This is true.

When Iowa played a decent team, like NDSU for instance, how was their awesome run game? I'll tell you... 34 TOTAL rush yards and a 1.4 yd average per rush.

Now when they got to their B1G schedule, then things eased up a lot for them and they played easier defenses than NDSU, so they racked up a lot more yards.

How this OL of Iowa's won any kind of awards, or were even nominated, is still beyond me. Sure, they were a good rushing OL, but a dreadful passing OL. They should not even be mentioned in the same paragraph as Alabama's OL, but yet they somehow beat them for this award. Obviously this award is a joke. 34 total rushing yards against NDSU!

Reactions: kingcy

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
This is true.

When Iowa played a decent team, like NDSU for instance, how was their awesome run game? I'll tell you... 34 TOTAL rush yards and a 1.4 yd average per rush.

Now when they got to their B1G schedule, then things eased up a lot for them and they played easier defenses than NDSU, so they racked up a lot more yards.

How this OL of Iowa's won any kind of awards, or were even nominated, is still beyond me. Sure, they were a good rushing OL, but a dreadful passing OL. They should not even be mentioned in the same paragraph as Alabama's OL, but yet they somehow beat them for this award. Obviously this award is a joke. 34 total rushing yards against NDSU!

Iowa oline > bama > tosu

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Everyone witnessed it with their own two eyes. Where were you?

NDSU ran for over 250 yds on Iowa, Iowa ran for 34 yds. That award was a complete joke. Iowa racked up rushing yards against a horrible schedule. Congrats. You would run for about 15 yds in a game against Bama or Clemson and you know it.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Everyone witnessed it with their own two eyes. Where were you?

NDSU ran for over 250 yds on Iowa, Iowa ran for 34 yds. That award was a complete joke. Iowa racked up rushing yards against a horrible schedule. Congrats. You would run for about 15 yds in a game against Bama or Clemson and you know it.

So head to head is what determines this?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
News reported bf as saying there will not be big changes with the offense. Same old same old. So people saying spread or anything like that, nope.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
News reported bf as saying there will not be big changes with the offense. Same old same old. So people saying spread or anything like that, nope.

Show me an Iowa fan expecting a transition to the spread and I will show you a fool. No logical Iowa fan is expecting that.

Reactions: hawxrox09

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Why in the world would Iowa want to change their offense drastically? All they have to do is to throw the ball downfield now and then instead of horizontally and the safeties will have to back off the line of scrimmage. True, the wide outs are not burners but just the threat of a deep pass helps the running game. Iowa's team speed, or lack thereof, makes going to a Texas Tech type of offense suicidal.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
This is true.

Considering Joe Moore was kirk ferents' mentor this award was basically a participation trophy