Greg Davis Retires

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
source.gif

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Let's see, Kirk went from KOK to Greg Davis. Who's the next hot conservative playcaller in the market?

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
If Iowa is truly grooming Brian Ferentz to be the next head coach, making him OC would be an extremely risky move. Fans will be turning on him as soon a season the offense struggles.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Oh great, no more dropping back and handing of from the 5 anymore when they have the ball at the 1 inch line. They might actually do something as crazy as lining the qb under center and using the "best offensive" line in the country to power it in.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
This is fantastic. Hawk fans think they're going to get some innovative playcaller. Let's just say they get someone who runs a more open offense. What players do they have to run said offense? Their linemen aren't extremely mobile, they're beasts, but not mobile. Is Wadley much of a speed back or more of a straight forward back? Their best receiver is coming back from a broken foot. They have a brand new quarterback. I don't understand the optimism.

On top of all of this, they all want KOK to come back. Hysterical.

• Funny
Reactions: Lafaester54

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Let's see, Kirk went from KOK to Greg Davis. Who's the next hot conservative playcaller in the market?

lets be real here; while the KOK was by no means the greatest show on turf, it was light years better than what Davis put out there.

I don't expect a miracle worker at OC. I'd settle for not terrible.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
lets be real here; while the KOK was by no means the greatest show on turf, it was light years better than what Davis put out there.

I don't expect a miracle worker at OC. I'd settle for not terrible.
Basically what I said on our board. Having just a below-average offense would do wonders for Iowa as opposed to where they were with Greg.

Hope Greg enjoys a great retirement, he always seemed to be a really good guy, just never worked out.