RECRUITING: Football commits

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
image_handler.aspx

http://www.cyclones.com/news/2016/12/14/football-cyclones-sign-four-star-jc-receiver.aspx

The Iowa State football program picked up one of the nation's best junior college receivers with the announcement that four-star recruit Matt Eaton has inked with Iowa State.

Eaton is rated as the 31st-best junior college player overall and the fourth-best wide receiver nationally in the ESPN rankings. He will enroll at Iowa State for the spring semester of 2017.

Had two years at Temple with a medical redshirt and one year at JC so two years left like a regular JC if I am reading it right.

Reactions: TruClone

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Yeah, well, since watching Matt Eaton's video from spring practice, I figured the 6-4, 210 WR could do two things really well: 1) block, his aggressiveness here is outstanding; 2) sky high to finger-tip soaring passes.

Lazard (6-5), Butler (6-6), Eaton (6-4), if you don't think Park will not have incredible red zone targets, we need to commit you to the UI hospital psych unit (I worked there as an undergrad psych attendant, so, yep, I've got perspective) because you're crazy.

Add TE pass-catchers like Chase Allen and Dylan Soehner, then, WOW! some kinda receivers we might have next fall.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Chandler announcing tonight. Feel free to bump the official recruit thread for discussion if you'd like, I couldn't find it quickly.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
On the front page, it has Caleb Chandler as a commit. Did he decommit and exploring other schools

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
On the front page, it has Caleb Chandler as a commit. Did he decommit and exploring other schools

He committed in June and then decomitted in early July. I still think he is the silent commitment. His 247 profile shows 1 prediction, so he's definitely played things close to the vest.

• Informative
Reactions: buf87

Help Support Us

Become a patron