• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey guys -

Just wanted to let you know I am aware of the slow page loads this week. Very frustrating. I just took all but two third party ads off of the site so it should help significantly. It already is for me.

Our agreement with the vendor is that only one video ad should play at a time. That clearly hasn't been happening.

Please understand that we are in a tough spot being free. We have to have ads to survive, but you also have to provide a great user experience to serve the ads that pay the bills.

I am working on a couple of things for 2017 that should improve the site's usability and will also make it "better" for everything. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Hey guys -

Just wanted to let you know I am aware of the slow page loads this week. Very frustrating. I just took all but two third party ads off of the site so it should help significantly. It already is for me.

Our agreement with the vendor is that only one video ad should play at a time. That clearly hasn't been happening.

Please understand that we are in a tough spot being free. We have to have ads to survive, but you also have to provide a great user experience to serve the ads that pay the bills.

I am working on a couple of things for 2017 that should improve the site's usability and will also make it "better" for everything. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience.
I know it's tough. I don't think people blame you but it gets really frustrating when third party ads mess things up.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I know it's tough. I don't think people blame you but it gets really frustrating when third party ads mess things up.

I Know and I understand. It frustrates me too. Just want you all to know that I'm not ignoring complaints for a cash grab. I am in this for the long haul. Have turned down a lot of options to stay home and run CF cuz I love it so much. Don't want to be anywhere else and if we need to give up some $ short term to keep you all happy, it's worth it.

Like say, I'm working on some options that I think will be pretty popular.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey fellas just an FYI that I added a couple of USA Today ads to our forums page. If you notice anything weird going on, please let me know and I'll get them off. These are non-video ads. Shouldn't slow the page down.

Also, the last 24 hours have been a lot better for me on here. Let me know if your experience has improved. I also just found an add-on to speed things up around here. Should get it installed next week.

Reactions: ISU_Clone_28

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'd be willing to pay for a premium, ad-free version.

If something like that was ever considered.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I'd be willing to pay for a premium, ad-free version.

If something like that was ever considered.

Yes, I frequent a couple of forums that do this. No content is premium, noting excluded from those who don't pay, but for $25/year you get an add free site. It's really worth the price.