Where were you on this one?
Cb08SXIWwAIYfk2.jpg

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Apparently this kid visited over the weekend. He will be transferring from Miami (FL) and it seems that we have a great shot at landing the kid. He would likely play guard or maybe center if Good-Jones stays at tackle. Either way, I really hope we get this kid.

He visited this weekend and he's currently in Miami? Not great timing unless he's from Alaska originally.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Apparently this kid visited over the weekend. He will be transferring from Miami (FL) and it seems that we have a great shot at landing the kid. He would likely play guard or maybe center if Good-Jones stays at tackle. Either way, I really hope we get this kid.

He had some health issues a couple seasons ago. Knighton was a reserve who played sparingly this last fall. He is transferring in search of getting more playing time. I think he played in 4 or 5 games last year.

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
He is from Maryland or New Jersey. Somewhere in that area. I think he even said in an interview he wouldn't mind going back up north.

I believe he is from PA from Stansbury's 247 article, he stated he wants to enroll in January so didn't want this process to take up a lot of time. Played tackle but would prefer Guard/center as that is what he played in HS, Stansbury didn't make his updated article free this past weekend as it looks like another school is after him as well. Hope we get him as Manning could get a lot of work with him in before the season.

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Off topic, but any news on Scoggins 6th year of eligibility?

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
sounds like they weren't confident at getting it.
Where did you hear that. When they first mentioned it they said he sat out for a full year at JC due to injury. and then sat out all of last year...that sounds to be as cut and dry as can be since he said both were lost to injuries. Campos took a regular redshirt his first year and wasn't injured. Sounds like his should be the one that is iffy unless he was actually injured his first year

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Go get him! Worst case scenario he provides some solid depth as a swing lineman who can step in pretty much anywhere on the line in a pinch. Best case scenario he's a plug and play for an o line that still needs help wherever they can get it.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Where did you hear that. When they first mentioned it they said he sat out for a full year at JC due to injury. and then sat out all of last year...that sounds to be as cut and dry as can be since he said both were lost to injuries. Campos took a regular redshirt his first year and wasn't injured. Sounds like his should be the one that is iffy unless he was actually injured his first year

Campos was a RSJR this year so no need for a medial RS. He's back next year regardless.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
247 and a football Miami site.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Sounds like the staff is waiting to see what happens with 3 or 4 current high school O-Line targets before really deciding on going all out with Knighton.
Makes sense not to burn a schollie for one year if there is an O lineman we really want who will be here 4-5 years.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Go get him! Worst case scenario he provides some solid depth as a swing lineman who can step in pretty much anywhere on the line in a pinch. Best case scenario he's a plug and play for an o line that still needs help wherever they can get it.

The fact that he played very little this past year at Miami is a red flag to me in a couple regards. First, Miami is a shell of its former program. So I am skeptical he can be a difference maker at ISU. Would we expect a backup senior lineman that doesn't play for the Hawkeyes, to be a starter at ISU? I hope not.

The other red flag, does this indicate our OL talent on the existing roster among soph, jr and sr is really bad? Or did Richt play young kids, building for the future.

Got my fingers crossed he wasn't a good fit in Mark Richt's system.