***Official 2017 ISU Football Recruiting Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
RB Daetrich Harrington committed to Appalachian State today.

I wonder if the staff decided they're sitting pretty well at the RB position for this year. Along with missing out on their top targets, they may have quit recruiting '17 running backs.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Which one?

Well that's too bad. Assuming it's Lima? I think someone on here mentioned he was receiving more interest.

Yes, Lima.

Patterson was into see him last night and he has his TCU OV this weekend. 247 guru over at the TCU site predicted him as one of two guys who will commit there this weekend (out of 5 visiting I think).

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
If true that is a huge loss with Lima. Major holes next year without him. Even with him the DT spot will be thin

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Nothing has been decided with Lima. The CB was put in by the TCU beat writer. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
A little info on Hafiz. Nebraska has hired Donte Williams away from Arizona as DB coach. Apparently, this has turned their interest to 2 high 4-star guys who he had recruited out there (Thomas Graham and Greg Johnson) and lessened their interest in Hafiz. If true, I would guess primary competition for him will be Indiana and Illinois.

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
A little info on Hafiz. Nebraska has hired Donte Williams away from Arizona as DB coach. Apparently, this has turned their interest to 2 high 4-star guys who he had recruited out there (Thomas Graham and Greg Johnson) and lessened their interest in Hafiz. If true, I would guess primary competition for him will be Indiana and Illinois.

If Nebraska is out, I think we get Hafiz.
Same with LSU/Tennessee and Reid. Sounds like LSU is out for sure and Tennesse might be full at LB.
Sure would love to get those two guys, even if its just because we are the backup option.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
If Nebraska is out, I think we get Hafiz.
Same with LSU/Tennessee and Reid. Sounds like LSU is out for sure and Tennesse might be full at LB.
Sure would love to get those two guys, even if its just because we are the backup option.

How do you know LSU is out for sure? Yesterday the report was that he's headed to LSU and he visited them just last weekend.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Yes, Lima.

Patterson was into see him last night and he has his TCU OV this weekend. 247 guru over at the TCU site predicted him as one of two guys who will commit there this weekend (out of 5 visiting I think).

Smart of them to not bring him in during a home game with half the stadium empty.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
How do you know LSU is out for sure? Yesterday the report was that he's headed to LSU and he visited them just last weekend.
Crystal ball on 247 showing many new predictions for Reid to Tennessee.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Crystal ball on 247 showing many new predictions for Reid to Tennessee.

Still interesting to see a prediction of LSU out completely. It looks to me like they're #2.

Reid would start from day 1 if he came here. Wow is he good.