Still sticking to my guns:
Morris
Mitrou-Long
Thomas
Bowie/Burton
Holden

Burton/Bowie
Jackson

I won't speculate minutes-distribution beyond that. If it can go productively eight or nine deep, all the better.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
So definitely looks like
Morris
Long
Thomas
Burton
Holden/Young

With Jackson, Babb and Bowie being the other guys.

Yeah, agreed. But it also doesn't sound like the starting five is going to matter all that much. If everyone performs as expected, Prohm's going to have a lot of different options to work with. If Burton can be a "swiss army knife" type of player that can play all three front court positions that's going to unlock all kinds of lineup possibilities.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Morris, Long, Thomas and Burton are clearly starting. I assume Holden is the 5th starter but don't know him or the guys he's competing with well.

And holy **** it's annoying trying to post on the CF app from an iPhone.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Morris, Long, Thomas and Burton are clearly starting. I assume Holden is the 5th starter but don't know him or the guys he's competing with well.

Use Safari, the app is obsoleted with the new changes. It is now browsers and device enabled through web site....

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
i'm really interested to see how a 4-guard lineup defends against the bigs from baylor/WVU.

but on the O side it'll be raining 3s!

morris, thomas, long, burton, babb.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It could be Morris, Naz, Thomas, Bowie, Holden IMO.

Burton first off the bench at 3-5. Jackson first off the bench 1-2.

Those 7 will probably play 90-95% of our minutes unless Young or Lard are just too good to keep off the floor.

I'd wager that we will see Babb at least 10-12 minutes a game..by all accounts he's too good of a defensive player to not have on the floor and is a jack of all trades offensively.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'd wager that we will see Babb at least 10-12 minutes a game..by all accounts he's too good of a defensive player to not have on the floor and is a jack of all trades offensively.

This was from months ago. I would revise it to:

Starters-
Morris
Naz
Thomas
Burton
Holden

Bench-
Babb, Jackson, Young, Bowie

Not going to see much from Jakolby with our experienced backcourt, and Carter is probably the odd man out at F.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Morris
Mitrou-Long
Thomas
Burton
Holden

Jackson
Babb
Young/Bowie
Carter

I'm really hoping Burton can improve his defense, because he has the body to be an amazing defender. If he can do this, coupled with better consistency, we will be a monster to be reckoned with.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
i'm really interested to see how a 4-guard lineup defends against the bigs from baylor/WVU.

Burton is not a guard. But yes, he is short for a front court position.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Yeah, the CF app technically works but kicks you out of posting incessantly. Just finally switched to Safari placed on my home screen and it works a thousand times better.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Morris
Mitrou-Long
Thomas
Burton
Holden

Jackson
Babb
Young/Bowie
Carter

I'm really hoping Burton can improve his defense, because he has the body to be an amazing defender. If he can do this, coupled with better consistency, we will be a monster to be reckoned with.

Burton had an amazing block against Virginia last year. Of course the refs called a foul, there wasn't one, but it was a great defensive play. If he shows the effort he made on that play more consistently, it is really going to help our defense.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I would say the definite starters are:

Morris
Thomas
Long
Burton

I don't know enough about Bowie or Holden to make an educated guess on the 5th starter, but since I have a 50% chance of being right, my guess is Holden starts. If anyone knows more about the two than I do, let me know your thoughts.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I'm guessing
Still four guards with Babb in there.
I'm guessing Babb doesn't play with 3 other guards, unless it's a special situation. He'll be at the 3 with a combo of Holden, Burton, Young, Bowie, and Carter at the 4 and 5.

He'll be coming in for Naz and Thomas.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I'm guessing

I'm guessing Babb doesn't play with 3 other guards, unless it's a special situation. He'll be at the 3 with a combo of Holden, Burton, Young, Bowie, and Carter at the 4 and 5.

He'll be coming in for Naz and Thomas.

I agree, just saying that the lineup he posted was, in fact, a four guard lineup.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

I don't see us have a starting line up where our bigs are Babb at 6-5, and Burton next at 6-4. If Burton starts, Babb wont, IMO.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I think we will start the season with
Monte
Naz
Matt
Burton
Holdin

I think if we reach our potential at the end of the year it will be