ISU at Texas

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Badgers are on here. Their libero is a freshman. If she hits the ball, you better not blink or you'll miss it. Her team won state last year. My sister had to go up against her last year. We got destroyed.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Hillegas played libero. Is that the 4th differentry one this year? Nice comeback, just came up short in what would have been a signature win.

3rD and guessing she sticks. I think we've played better since she's been moved. Results don't show cause we've been playing stronger competition. Figured the ku and TX games we'd get solidly swept. Moving the right direction. Looks like cjl ran a 6-2 tonight? Seems like the middles were involved more too.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
We lost this game in the 2nd. Had it like 16-12 and let them back in.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Or lost it in the 5th - lots of hitting errors when it was there to be taken.

I agree with Bryce that I believe we ran out of gas. I didn't think we'd be able to hang with Texas in the 5th. Needed to keep it from going that far.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Of the recent games, this was the one where I thought we'd struggle the most. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure the girls know they need a signature win. It seems like we haven't had an upset in a while. It would have been a lift after another football debacle. I just hope we get some consistancy moving forward and keep the elevated play. For me it's hard to follow live stats and really get the feel of the game and what teams are trying to do.

Having a game on the LongHorn Network is like a tree falling in the woods, IMO. Does it happen if no one can see it? It's frustrating that a game like this can't be viewed by a lot of our fanbase.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Ran out of gas.
On the contrary, we raced out to a an early lead and then lost it to go down 5-7 with three hitting errors in a row. Just the adrenaline will carry you though a short 5th set. Even the Texas announcer said that we helped them out.