What do you say?

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
of course we are going to miss him. but, we also wish him the best to get his grades back and then maybe come to I State when he is done/

I just read this post (above) and wondered if the new thing will be to call Iowa State, I State? I know our logo is I State so do we have to start calling ourselves this now? I'm sure it will take a while to adjust to the new saying becasue I have always said Iowa State to people when the ask who I pull for (if there aren't from around Ames) but I usually say ISU to everyone else...

And everyone I have talked to always calls Kansas State K State no matter where they are...

I need to start now becasue the I State doesn't roll off the tounge yet...And yeah this is a pointless thread but i'm bored...:chatterbox:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I still prefer Iowa State to I-State... but I'll probally eventually get lazy and start to use the short cut. Which is sad, becasue I'm saving all of one syllabul..

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
I State just doesn't sound right. It will always be Iowa State or ISU to me. Mrs. yCy

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
There is no I in team, but now we have an I in I State. I like saying I State now. But at games etc. I still prefer Cyclones or 'Clones.:yes:

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I've said "I-A-State" before ... I think because the university email addresses ended in that and it sort of slipped in.

I-State is going to become popular as more apparel comes out

Help Support Us

Become a patron