Peace Tree Brewery adding DM location

hoiballin33

Nov 7, 2014
Sour beer is gross. I mean - drink what you like - but I want nothing to do with a sour beer. Nothing sounds worse than a sour beer with dinner or after you get done mowing the lawn. Yuck.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
I don't know if their beer is good or not, but Des Moines could probably support a few more breweries. People love to drink in the afternoon, but they hate going to bars in the afternoon.

Speak for yourself. I don't have that problem.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I took the day off and went to El Bait Shop at noon and then the Iowa Taproom at around 2. It was glorious.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I noticed the other day they have begun working on this building.

I'm predicting that this area of downtown will look very different in the next few years.

This project, plus Iowa Tap Room nearby and now the developer doing the Peach Tree building is also doing the large building directly across E Court Avenue as well. I wonder if we could see even more craft brewery related entities start to locate here in this area? Add in that larger garage looking building at the back of the Peach Tree property which is slated for redevelopment too, and you're going to have a lot of new, recently rehabbed commercial space available soon....with the Iowa Tap Room as the area's "anchor". Add in that you can still say your are downtown....as well as close to bike trails....seems ripe for bars/restaurants/breweries/taps. .

Here is latest renderings of both the Peach Tree Taproom and also the larger building across the street. http://www.urbandsm.com/downtown/317-322-e-court

The days of simply saying, "let's head down to Court Avenue" and everyone knowing what you mean might be waning. You may have to specify East Court or Court Avenue (west) or risk ending up on opposite sides of the river. :)

cloneluke80

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA

I'm predicting that this area of downtown will look very different in the next few years.

This project, plus Iowa Tap Room nearby and now the developer doing the Peach Tree building is also doing the large building directly across E Court Avenue as well. I wonder if we could see even more craft brewery related entities start to locate here in this area? Add in that larger garage looking building at the back of the Peach Tree property which is slated for redevelopment too, and you're going to have a lot of new, recently rehabbed commercial space available soon....with the Iowa Tap Room as the area's "anchor". Add in that you can still say your are downtown....as well as close to bike trails....seems ripe for bars/restaurants/breweries/taps. .

Here is latest renderings of both the Peach Tree Taproom and also the larger building across the street. http://www.urbandsm.com/downtown/317-322-e-court

The days of simply saying, "let's head down to Court Avenue" and everyone knowing what you mean might be waning. You may have to specify East Court or Court Avenue (west) or risk ending up on opposite sides of the river. :)

Yes because the new federal court building might go over here, becoming a cornerstone for new businesses over here, this will be the next hot area along with the east /west corridor of MLK

Also kum and go headquarters will shore up an already popping western gateway area

• Informative
Reactions: capitalcityguy

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

I personally think it'd be awesome to have a bunch of beer 'stuff' that close to each other. A beer district, if you will :)

Reactions: Clonebydesign

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

Peace Tree. Ain't no peaches in Iowa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron