Be careful when choosing personalized plates

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
I saw one that made me chuckle today. Because of the limited number of characters, they omitted the space between two words. The placement of that space, however, is critical to the meaning of the slogan. It read:

HAWKSTD

Choose carefully, my friends.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I saw one that made me chuckle today. Because of the limited number of characters, they omitted the space between two words. The placement of that space, however, is critical to the meaning of the slogan. It read:

HAWKSTD

Rather appropriate, I'd say. And not for their intended meaning, either.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Actually, the plate is in code. The cryptography is a simple letter substitution method popular with the military during WWI. The decoded plate reads "Hawkeye Oedipus Complex".

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Actually, the plate is in code. The cryptography is a simple letter substitution method popular with the military during WWI. The decoded plate reads "Hawkeye Oedipus Complex".
Are you sure it's not "Messiah Complex"?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I saw a ISU plate yesterday that said "UNI UI2" ... it was so wishywashy it made my stomach churn, take a stand man! or just get standard plates.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
I saw a ISU plate yesterday that said "UNI UI2" ... it was so wishywashy it made my stomach churn, take a stand man! or just get standard plates.

At least they chose the right school to give the money to!

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
And that plate my friends pretty much sums up Hawkeye Nation for me.....

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597

HAWKSTD

Was this on a very large black or yellow pickup truck that is 10 feet off the ground, equipped with bullwhips, mudflaps and a vinyl prosthetic scrotum attached to the trailer hitch?

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
That reminds me of one of my tailgating buds (who's CF identity shall be protected) that talked about personalized plates back in the day. He wanted them to convey "F'n Cy Fan" as "fncyfan." Of course, we immediately read that as "Fancy Fan." Took a long time for him to live that down:biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator: