Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Holy ****, Adam Shada got booed when he was introduced on senior day? Well I guess that settles it.

Who the hell boos a kid during a senior day introduction? Wow.

Yup. I was in the student section for that. Easily the most embarassing time ive experienced as a hawk fan. It wasnt stadium wide, but there were definitely people booing. However, i never once states on here that Iowa fans dont do that

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So to summarize Iowa fans boo their team off the field and even boo a kid on senior day and there's no link to ISU fans ever doing that. Sounds about right

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
To be fair it's probably difficult to differentiate between ISU fans booing their own players and booing the officials.

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
So to summarize Iowa fans boo their team off the field and even boo a kid on senior day and there's no link to ISU fans ever doing that. Sounds about right

Again, I dont know why youre so obsessed with the booing thing. You need to bemore concerned with your "best o line coach" in the country not being able to retain mediocre Olineman.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
So you are saying that all those fans talking about Cyclone fans booing their own team in the thread I linked were making it up?......
seh6p.gif

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: khawk4

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So you are saying that all those fans talking about Cyclone fan's booing their own team in the thread I linked were making it up?......
seh6p.gif

Where was it reported ISU fans booed their team off the field or booed a senior in senior day?

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Where was it reported ISU fans booed their team off the field or booed a senior in senior day?
That's not what you said though.
I said it's common sense why Gordon decommitted. Of course he's going to tell the media it wasn't but let's not be naive here.

I also said ISU fans didn't boo the Utah game because well, they didn't. I was there and I know you've tried to find documentation on it and have had no luck. ISU fans were pretty happy back then actually. They loved CPR, just came off a win vs Texas Tech and Utah was #10 in the country.

Iowa fans boo their own players, I don't know other schools that do that. Melvin certainly took notice
The link I provided proved that Iowa State fans have, and do boo their own players. I'm not arguing that Iowa fans didn't boo the Hawks off the field and even a number of fans took the classless action of booing Shada on senior day. I'm saying that almost all fan bases have fans that boo their own teams. Saying otherwise means you are either lying to yourself or an ignoramus. I would bet that it's the former.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That's not what you said though.

The link I provided proved that Iowa State fans have, and do boo their own players. I'm not arguing that Iowa fans didn't boo the Hawks off the field and even a number of fans took the classless action of booing Shada on senior day. I'm saying that almost all fan bases have fans that boo their own teams. Saying otherwise means you are either lying to yourself or an ignoramus. I would bet that it's the former.

I've never seen Iowa State fans boo their team off the field or boo a senior on senior day