Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I was at the Kent State game when they did, but ok. But here you go.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/index.php?threads/wally.208885/page-4#post-4855330
"ESPECIALLY kickers. I was so ****** when Netten missed that first kick vs. KU. Partly because he missed the kick, but mostly because when he came to the sidelines (I'm in row 10 right in front of the kickers' warmup area), the entire crowd was ******** at him and booing him. Shut the **** up, people. He's a kicker. He's already in his own head making things worse. He doesn't need sections 30 and 31 in there too. That's not helping."

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/index.php?threads/fans-booing-our-own-team.193307/page-7
"I expect my team to put effort into the game. I also agree with negativity towards the boo-birds when I hear booing at bad plays (meaning where a player tried and screwed up) or when a player got injured."

"This exactly. At the end of the first half people were booing, I told my brother next to me that this is more embarrassing than us being down 28 at half. You are not helping when you boo our own team, if anything you are discouraging the team. In addition you make our fanbase look like ******. Leave the booing to eastern Iowa. We are classier than that at ISU."

"If players or coaches don't want to get booed they should play and coach better."

"Neither did I, but there were a few around us that did...and I'm with Sparkplug on this one.
Class-less move to boo your team (coaches, play calling, or players). I'd prefer that Cyclone fans not be "that guy"."

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/index.php?threads/time-for-a-change.165413/page-7#post-3295664
"The Students who boo need to show some maturity and grow up. I don't like or condone the BOOING of athletes."

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/ind...ehind-jantz-thread.157516/page-3#post-3084690
"Just for the record, there were some booers at the last hgame. I was surprised. It was still a close game. I do not think booing our team is productive at all."

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/ind...ands-texas-tech-ed.157359/page-3#post-3080824
"Got in a bit of a confrontation with a kid sitting behind me in the student section. Other than the fact that he was a giant D-bag, he had 0 knowledge of the game and any time Jantz would throw an incomplete pass would yell "BARNETTTTT!" Now I know Steele had a horrible game, but this was within the first 5 minutes of the game. Along with this, he was constantly booing his own team and even yelled "Get off the field you ******* panzy" when (I think it was) Tuftee was down on the ground and needed help to get to the sideline. Anyway, I turned around and gave him a piece of my mind, complete with real analysis of what was going on in the game and why he sounded like an idiot and he and his friends hit the road."

Lol this is your evidence? Of course some idiots boo certain situations. Iowa State is a great fan base. They'd never boo their own team off the field

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
To Hok fans, everyone at CF is a sports journalist now.

BV1RLGECQAAGPW5.jpg

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Lol this is your evidence? Of course some idiots boo certain situations. Iowa State is a great fan base. They'd never boo their own team off the field
Could you please find anywhere in these posts where you specified that qualifier when replying to me, specifically about the 07 Kent St. game? For someone who was grilling khawk a few pages back you seem to have a pretty liberal way of looking at when to take a quote at face value vs the implied meaning of the post.

[/QUOTE]Iowa fans boo their own players, I don't know other schools that do that. Melvin certainly took notice[/QUOTE]

Link? If fans boo the players articles get written about it

I provide links of when Iowa fans boo. I don't just make things up like you guys

I missed that link but nobody boos their own football team like Iowa. Heck ISU doesn't even boo their team at all

Also, could I get a % on when it's considered a fan base booing vs just some idiots booing? Cuz I've been to all but 2 games in the last 12 years and don't recall one where anywhere close to the majority of fans booed the team off the field, including the infamous W. Michigan, Penn St, or Wisconsin games. Seems like the cool thing is also to retroactively say you were only booing the coaching effort, so I'll go with that for all booing at Kinnick.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Could you please find anywhere in these posts where you specified that qualifier when replying to me, specifically about the 07 Kent St. game? For someone who was grilling khawk a few pages back you seem to have a pretty liberal way of looking at when to take a quote at face value vs the implied meaning of the post.
Iowa fans boo their own players, I don't know other schools that do that. Melvin certainly took notice[/QUOTE]

Also, could I get a % on when it's considered a fan base booing vs just some idiots booing? Cuz I've been to all but 2 games in the last 12 years and don't recall one where anywhere close to the majority of fans booed the team off the field, including the infamous W. Michigan, Penn St, or Wisconsin games. Seems like the cool thing is also to retroactively say you were only booing the coaching effort, so I'll go with that for all booing at Kinnick.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. This doesn't seem like the link to an article saying ISU fans booed their team off the field. Is that still coming or...

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Like GTO stated a link is from an article not some random CF posters
The funny thing about it is that I started reading the quoted statements without looking at the links first. As I was reading, I thought to myself: "Man, this sounds like the typical CF overreactions of a gameday thread." Then I looked at where the link came from and stopped reading right there. SMH

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames

He's not lying. Doesn't mean he won't be any good, but Campbell just didn't want him.
Then why does he still have an ISU offer?

I think they offered originally but then decided to back off after further evaluating. I don't know why, they just did. Again, I don't know if he'll be a good player or not, but Campbell backed off for one reason or other.

• Useful
Reactions: Isuhsfbcoach

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
I see we're still struggling to find that link...

Lol yup, because as CyTwins said, every time a fan base boos, theres articles written about it.

Also, didnt someone JUST post evidence, from Clone fans, of eye witness accounts of booing in Jack Trice?

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: CyTwins

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
I was at the Kent State game when they did, but ok. But here you go.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/index.php?threads/wally.208885/page-4#post-4855330
"ESPECIALLY kickers. I was so ****** when Netten missed that first kick vs. KU. Partly because he missed the kick, but mostly because when he came to the sidelines (I'm in row 10 right in front of the kickers' warmup area), the entire crowd was ******** at him and booing him. Shut the **** up, people. He's a kicker. He's already in his own head making things worse. He doesn't need sections 30 and 31 in there too. That's not helping."

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/index.php?threads/fans-booing-our-own-team.193307/page-7
"I expect my team to put effort into the game. I also agree with negativity towards the boo-birds when I hear booing at bad plays (meaning where a player tried and screwed up) or when a player got injured."

"This exactly. At the end of the first half people were booing, I told my brother next to me that this is more embarrassing than us being down 28 at half. You are not helping when you boo our own team, if anything you are discouraging the team. In addition you make our fanbase look like ******. Leave the booing to eastern Iowa. We are classier than that at ISU."

"If players or coaches don't want to get booed they should play and coach better."

"Neither did I, but there were a few around us that did...and I'm with Sparkplug on this one.
Class-less move to boo your team (coaches, play calling, or players). I'd prefer that Cyclone fans not be "that guy"."

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/index.php?threads/time-for-a-change.165413/page-7#post-3295664
"The Students who boo need to show some maturity and grow up. I don't like or condone the BOOING of athletes."

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/ind...ehind-jantz-thread.157516/page-3#post-3084690
"Just for the record, there were some booers at the last hgame. I was surprised. It was still a close game. I do not think booing our team is productive at all."

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/ind...ands-texas-tech-ed.157359/page-3#post-3080824
"Got in a bit of a confrontation with a kid sitting behind me in the student section. Other than the fact that he was a giant D-bag, he had 0 knowledge of the game and any time Jantz would throw an incomplete pass would yell "BARNETTTTT!" Now I know Steele had a horrible game, but this was within the first 5 minutes of the game. Along with this, he was constantly booing his own team and even yelled "Get off the field you ******* panzy" when (I think it was) Tuftee was down on the ground and needed help to get to the sideline. Anyway, I turned around and gave him a piece of my mind, complete with real analysis of what was going on in the game and why he sounded like an idiot and he and his friends hit the road."

Shhhh..... Dont tell @CyTwins this.... ISU fans dont boo

• Dislike

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Lol yup, because as CyTwins said, every time a fan base boos, theres articles written about it.

Also, didnt someone JUST post evidence, from Clone fans, of eye witness accounts of booing in Jack Trice?
You know what they say: history is written by online bloggers. I hope ESPN doesn't get their news from their comments section...

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
You know what they say: history is written by online bloggers. I hope ESPN doesn't get their news from their comments section...

Those were eye witness accounts, dude. You guys are an interesting bunch over here, thats for sure. Just blindly ignoring things that took place because it doesnt fit your narrative. Im guessing since you dont believe them in this instance, you dont believe them when they post other things about games they were at, too? Look, every fan base has idiots and ********. Iowa does, Iowa State does, everyone. And every fan base has idiots that will boo. Some more than others, sure, but each one does. Believing that ISU fan base is 100% filled with perfect little angels is like believing in santa. Yeah, itd be nice if there really was a jolly old guy that brings presents to every person in the world in one single night, but thats not reality. But you guys dont live in reality, so who knows....

Again, can we move on from the booing thing? You guys keep making yourselves look worse and worse. I know, I know... Its a clone board and I can leave if I want.

• Disagree

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Those were eye witness accounts, dude. You guys are an interesting bunch over here, thats for sure. Just blindly ignoring things that took place because it doesnt fit your narrative. Its pretty incredible, to be honest. Look, every fan base has idiots and ********. Iowa does, Iowa State does, everyone. And every fan base has idiots that will boo. Some more than others, sure, but each one does. Believing that ISU fan base is 100% filled with perfect little angels is like believing in santa. Yeah, itd be nice if there really was a jolly old guy that brings presents to every person in the world in one single night, but thats not reality. But you guys dont live in reality, so who knows....
Does this mean we're not getting that link? :(

Help Support Us

Become a patron