New Logo Usage

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
I was looking at the Big12sports website and saw that the video at the bottom (big 12 showcase) was using the new I-State logo in the graphics.

I also saw this shirt in the big 12 sports store that had the new I-State logo with all of the other schools and it looked so much better than the busy old one. It really stood out and looked big time in my opinion. They had some different new shirts than I have seen there too.

They have yet to change to the I-State logo on the store website, but I am assuming that will change come this fall...I am wondering how long it will take to completely move over and when they will end licensing the old "spirit marks." Have you all seen the new logo in use in a lot of places?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I see the new one on tv a lot now, I haven't seen the old one for a few months. Also, at clothing stores, more clothing with the new logo and all of the clothing with the old logo are on huge sales.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I was at Sam's Club over the weekend and picked up a pullover windbreaker with the new logo on it. One was red with the new logo on the chest in the upper corner of the shirt and then Cyclones in yellow letters (2" tall or so) accross the upper back. The other one was yellow on the top half and red on the bottom with a big I-State log on the back and smaller logo on the front chest. I have been happy with the windbreakers at Sams because they are good quality windbreakers and they are $22.82 every day price.

Sharp.....Sharp

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Was in the Twin Cities for the weekend and spent a little time at the Mall of America. Hit up one of the college sportswear stores. It was Big 10 dominated but did have a decent selection of ISU stuff. All but one item was with the old logo. They did, however, have a really nice cardinal colored golf towel with the new logo. Give me that logo on a sweatshirt or a polo of the same cardinal color, and consider it sold. It just really popped. I can't wait to start seeing more of it.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Any one know where you can find a new logo sticker to go the back of a car?

I got a cool looking one at Hy-Vee last week. Probably 4-5" tall and is reflective too so it looks cool when light hits it at night. I am thinking I paid $4-5 for it..

Hy-Vee at the intersection of Jordan Creek parkway and University is where I got it.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Was out shopping with the family on Saturday and saw the new logo all over the place (in Ames, mind you). Stores in the mall had shirts, lanyards, golf club covers, and other stuff. Lowe's had welcome mats, office garbage cans, and more.

Plenty of people have said this already, but add me to the list: I'm one of those people who didn't like the new logo when it was first revealed, but it's won me over now. I think it's great, and I LOVE the cardinal color. Very cool.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I'm still looking for an all "cardinal" hat with the new logo. Scheel's had one, but it looked more like a flimsier hat. I want one that more rigid. Anyone seen one of those?

I got a nice Nike cap at University Book Store acouple of months ago. It's not quite all cardinal, (has a small gold stripe on either side on the front), but it's sharp!

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Oh, forgot to mention that at the 4th of July parade in Ames the cheerleaders and Cy went by all sporting the new logo. The cheerleaders' uniforms were all new--again, love the cardinal color. Cy was exactly the same as before except he had the new logo on his chest instead of the old "Cyclones" swoosh. They need to work on him a bit as the bright red color of the suit clashes with the darker cardinal, and the blue on his face looks totally out of place. I suspect they'll change that in the next year or two--maybe to look more like my avatar?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Oh, forgot to mention that at the 4th of July parade in Ames the cheerleaders and Cy went by all sporting the new logo. The cheerleaders' uniforms were all new--again, love the cardinal color. Cy was exactly the same as before except he had the new logo on his chest instead of the old "Cyclones" swoosh. They need to work on him a bit as the bright red color of the suit clashes with the darker cardinal, and the blue on his face looks totally out of place. I suspect they'll change that in the next year or two--maybe to look more like my avatar?

It's possible, but keep in mind that Cy is a cardinal - I don't see too many cardinals walking (or flying) around with red faces. Cardinals have blue/black faces. I wouldn't be too upset if Cy kept a blue or black face - he's a mascot. And if it wasn't an issue with the previous two generations of Cy, I don't see why it should be an issue now.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
It's possible, but keep in mind that Cy is a cardinal - I don't see too many cardinals walking (or flying) around with red faces. Cardinals have blue/black faces. I wouldn't be too upset if Cy kept a blue or black face - he's a mascot. And if it wasn't an issue with the previous two generations of Cy, I don't see why it should be an issue now.

True. I just think the blue looks a little weird now. Maybe change it to black? Actually this has been discussed to death already, but what the heck, it's summer right? :wink:

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I got a cool looking one at Hy-Vee last week. Probably 4-5" tall and is reflective too so it looks cool when light hits it at night. I am thinking I paid $4-5 for it..

Hy-Vee at the intersection of Jordan Creek parkway and University is where I got it.

Thanks picked one up over lunch...looks sharp, cant wait to get it on my truck.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
True. I just think the blue looks a little weird now. Maybe change it to black? Actually this has been discussed to death already, but what the heck, it's summer right? :wink:

An issue here might be cost as well. Those mascots aren't cheap and I know Iowa State has either 2 or 3 of them that they use. If it is just one spot on Cy that is a different color, I don't see it as a major issue. Put the money somewhere else.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron