I hope everyone is enjoying Fox 17 KDSM...

dccyclone25

Oct 29, 2006
Ames
because if you're on Mediacom, this is your last night with it.

If they don't make a deal by January 17 and I have to go get an antenna to watch the two-day 4-hr season premiere of 24, IM GOING TO BE ANGRY!! :angry6wn: :angry6wn:

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I think more people will be pissed off about the NFC NFL games, the World Series, and the Super Bowl than they will be about 24.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I realize that 24 is a very popular show, but I'm pretty confident that there will be a bigger outcry concerning sports.

Fatsow

Nov 22, 2006
Who is making the business decisions? Whoever it is should not have a job next month because the amount of business they are going to lose is going to be much worse than ponying up the dough to fox. They have lost me as a customer if this is the case.

CyVeteran

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2006
I live in Northwest Florida and here mediacom is dropping my only ABC station.

jamesfnb

Apr 9, 2006
Hey all, get into the 1990's and get a dish will ya? Cheaper, better, no-brainer

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I pull KSDM-HD in through an antenna (along with their secondary station The Tube, which is awesome). I seldom watch the cable feed anyway.

That said, Fox has really gone to crap. If it weren't for the sports, most of the customers wouldn't notice Fox disappearing anyway. Simpsons is horrible, Family Guy and House can be found elsewhere. Every other show, save for 24 and Prison Break, will be going in a few months time.

Final Thought: Think of the upside, if you don't have Fox, your significant other can't possibly get wrapped up in the next round of "So You Think You Can Be the Next American Idol to Go Skating With Celebrities While Boxing".

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Who is making the business decisions? Whoever it is should not have a job next month because the amount of business they are going to lose is going to be much worse than ponying up the dough to fox. They have lost me as a customer if this is the case.

I think you've got that backward, there. KDSM has already sent letters out to its advertisers notifying them that if Mediacom and Sinclair can't come to a deal, they will cut their ad prices by 25-40% so they don't lose them as advertisers. Fewer households watching = less ad exposure. Mediacom isn't going to lose out as badly in customer revenue as KDSM will in ad revenue. I don't think a whole lot of people are going to dump cable because of one channel that is free to receive by anyone. I've got Mediacom and I sure as hell am not going to screw around with a satellite dish. I've got a 61" HDTV that pulls KDSM's HD signal in just fine, thank you very much.

KDSM doesn't have any programming that I give a rip about aside from football, and a decent antenna will do the job for that.

dccyclone25

Oct 29, 2006
Ames
Well, since I'm in an apartment where the cable TV is paid for, it doesn't really behoove me to go out and get DISH.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Right now I am a mediacom suscriber and have always had them for TV. Last year when my family and I moved to Waukee, I signed up for a promotional rate to get the mediacom online package with cable TV for like $60/mnth. That rate is over the middle of December and I am either going to get another promotional rate with Mediacom or else I am going to shop around the Qwest TV/Online/phon service, DirectTV and whatever else is out there to get the best deal. Can you guys let me know the +/- of the other services available and what kind of $$ you will spend. I am not sure if I can get another promotional rate through Mediacom, but I am not going to pay what they think they are going to bill me after December I know that.

Honest opinions would help me greatly........Thanks in advance