BF is in persuit of 2 top 100 players

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Good for Bill. It shows how far our program has come. Before Bill Finnley came to town we were always in the basement.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Our women's program, with its support, should be able to pull in this caliber of player. Hoping they come our way!

I agree. There's no reason why our program doesn't deserve to try and bring in some of the best. BF is an amazing coach, you're coming to a team that pretty consistently can make a run in the NCAA tournament, and you're coming to a place that supports its women's team. 4th in the nation in attendance!

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
According to ESPN on the link, ISU was founded in 1788 (only 12 years after the Declaration of Independence). Does that make us the oldest university in the country? Hell Iowa didn't even become a state until 1846; that's incredible! They were only 70 years off. :biggrin:

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
According to ESPN on the link, ISU was founded in 1788 (only 12 years after the Declaration of Independence). Does that make us the oldest university in the country? Hell Iowa didn't even become a state until 1846; that's incredible! They were only 70 years off. :biggrin:

First land grant university, anyway. (lol; 1862 act, iirc.)

William & Mary goes way back, I believe. As does Hah-vard, too, I think. (No doubt several others also.) Using the terms college and university interchangeably?

Wasn't ISU one of the first institutions of higher learning established under the land grant act (signed by A. Lincoln, I believe)? Fuzzy memory here.

Last edited:

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Looks like on Espn's site, Tinkle no longer has ISU on her radar. Let's hope for Prins....We really could use her size.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Looks like on Espn's site, Tinkle no longer has ISU on her radar. Let's hope for Prins....We really could use her size.

On ouinsider.com, people seem pretty confident that Tinkle is still considering Oklahoma, and they aren't listed either. Seems that they are only showing a max of 5 schools for each player, and last we knew she was considering around 10. I'm not putting much stock in the fact that ISU isn't listed there until I hear otherwise.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
YCN at hoopscoop says:

When HoopGurlz decided to become a content partner with ESPN, ESPN already had a template for schools of interest that was adopted from college football, and that only allows them to show five schools, no matter how many are on the interest list. Hoopgurlz has been seeking a compromise solution, but we are talking about a behemoth company here, and it's hard to get your voice heard.... I've been following her recruitment very closely, and if she's formally cut down her schools list, I can't imagine that I wouldn't know about it.

Additionally, Tinkle is on the same USA U18 team for which Fennelly is acting as assistant coach. That team is currently playing in the FIBA Americas U18 championship, so Fennelly is getting some quality time with Tinkle right now.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
thanks for the input mred. I just hope we can get a couple good posts for the team to go with the awesome guards in appears we have, and have just joined.

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
I see the U18 national team won the gold medal. Fennelly is one of the assistant coaches and hopefully his time with Joslyn pays off. We need a good post game and like you have said Weiben, Ross, Anderson, and Nisleit will all be graduating.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
bill fennelly has done a great job with the girl's basketball program.he has increased his recruiting scope to more than just iowa and minnesota and that has helped the quality of his program.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
First land grant university, anyway. (lol; 1862 act, iirc.)

William & Mary goes way back, I believe. As does Hah-vard, too, I think. (No doubt several others also.) Using the terms college and university interchangeably?

Wasn't ISU one of the first institutions of higher learning established under the land grant act (signed by A. Lincoln, I believe)? Fuzzy memory here.

Where does the 1862 number come from? I was pretty sure the grant was made in 1858.