NBC way too early top 25...no cyclones

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I think it loses credibility when they put Rhode Island in the top 25. They didn't even make it to the tournament how the hell are they top 25 material?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Well, good thing it's a "Way too Early" one. Taking it seriously is not expected.

Bonus: Notre Dame also never shows up.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is a good thing, not a bad thing in many ways.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The hot chick never shows up first to the party.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Shoot, I don't blame anyone for not throwing us in them. Truthfully, I could make a good argument either way. Lets face it, we do have some pretty big question marks on next year's team still, particularly in the post. Also, when I say post, I'm less concerned about our scoring question marks down there than I am with our defense and rebounding question marks down there. Maybe things will work out great and we end up top 25 when all is said and done... maybe not.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Going to be sad if we don't get the chance to defend the streak the first week. The program has earned a 20-25 spot for next season at worst.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Going to be sad if we don't get the chance to defend the streak the first week. The program has earned a 20-25 spot for next season at worst.

I'd be shocked if we weren't in the first AP poll.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I'd be shocked if we weren't in the first AP poll.

Unfortunately, I would take that bet. I don't think we'll be ranked to start the year, and I think that's reasonable. We have huge question marks in the post and just lost our highest rated recruit. Still, we've got a chance next year because we'll have some great guards. As long as we're ranked at the end of the season!

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Unfortunately, I would take that bet. I don't think we'll be ranked to start the year, and I think that's reasonable. We have huge question marks in the post and just lost our highest rated recruit. Still, we've got a chance next year because we'll have some great guards. As long as we're ranked at the end of the season!
I would be on board with it being reasonable if we didn't have the third longest streak of being ranked. We have earned the benefit of the doubt. Let us lose it don't force us to lose it.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I would be on board with it being reasonable if we didn't have the third longest streak of being ranked. We have earned the benefit of the doubt. Let us lose it don't force us to lose it.

I know. It's a shame we won't be able to keep that awesome streak by earning it from week one. I just don't see it. We are thin up front with talent from losing mid-majors coming in. Hope those guys can step up. At least CBB is a guard's game.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I would put the chances of ISU not being ranked to start the season under 10%.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think it loses credibility when they put Rhode Island in the top 25. They didn't even make it to the tournament how the hell are they top 25 material?

I don't think Rhode Island is a bad pick for a spot in the 20s. They'll be talented and experienced (have 3
guys ISU recruited under Hoiberg plus an Indiana transfer). They did poorly last year due to injuries. I think ISU should be there as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron