Nikki Moody sues Bill Fennelly over Racial Discrimination...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Forever A
1f32a.png

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
And I think the picture in that tweet speaks for itself. Also there was an earlier tweet in Jan when she was pictured together with BF and Ashley Hagedorn after a game. I doubt that she'd take picture if she was treated in a racist way.

It does speak for itself. It doesn't really have much to do with the suit, though.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
People say great things about Bob Knight and he attacked and choked a kid. Just bc a kid says good things about A coach doesn't mean they are doing things right or that the person accusing them is lying.

only4cy

Nov 21, 2006
rholtgraves, always there to support any and all things potentially negative about ISU.

Last edited:

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't read the thread but I am sure I can sum it up...
A few holier than thou people came on (likely the same 4 or 5 super humans that usually do) and started talking.

A few people with "insider information" confirmed stuff (likely the same 4 or 5 super spies that usually do)

Then normal fans and human beings began talking rationally.

Normal fans and human beings are then reinforced by players and people actually involved with coach.

Holier than thou people started a bunch of junk again.

Insiders started talking about how everyone is lying and Nikki is telling the truth.

Normal fans and human beings continue to be normal human beings.

Thread then continues for two months because the first two groups can't get over themselves.

Coach has been coach his entire career, well documented. Go back and read the threads from when Nikki was here... this all is in line with her personality.

Spam

May 21, 2008
I'm just not buying it. He may be tough on his players, but I think equally tough (and if he is tougher on some, I believe it is to push them to be their best). Some players will respond negatively to that. I think this is an example.

Yeah, BF's intentions are not necessarily bad just because he might be treating some players better/worse than others. But it's a risky strategy by BF, regardless of whether race was a factor.

Just a few days ago, there was that quote from Tinsley about LE:

"JT: I got to give it up to our coaching staff. Playing for a guy like Coach Eustachy, who demands so much out of you, was just a blessing. No matter if you’re the 12th-man or the best player, he would ride everybody the same. That’s what I respected about him as a man and as a coach, because not once did he treat anybody differently on the court. He always treated everybody the same."

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I'm just not buying it. He may be tough on his players, but I think equally tough (and if he is tougher on some, I believe it is to push them to be their best). Some players will respond negatively to that. I think this is an example.
The people in my life that were tough on me, were the one's that wanted to see me succeed. They weren't going to let me settle for being average. Sometimes in the moment it's hard to see, but I have no doubt that coach pushes everyone on/off the court.

Last edited:

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
rholtgraves, always there to support any and all things potentially negative about ISU.

Is it supporting negative to want a women's basketball coach that doesn't treat their players that way? there is no use for a coach to talk that way to his players. What if that's how a professor talked to his students? Would that be ok? Or how your boss talked to you? Would that be fine?
And I don't think that for one second Fennely was intentionally being racist. But could he have said racially insensitive things and treated black players differently without even noticing it? Yes. But even taking race aside I don't think that is the way we should want a coach to act. I have no idea how McCaffery acts in practice but I've seen how he acts in games and I think it's embarrassing. I would bet Prohm doesn't respect how Fennely does things either. He earned the respect of the team without calling players names and personally attacking them.
Mangino was fired at KU in part for saying similar things to his players.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Is it supporting negative to want a women's basketball coach that doesn't treat their players that way? there is no use for a coach to talk that way to his players. What if that's how a professor talked to his students? Would that be ok? Or how your boss talked to you? Would that be fine?
And I don't think that for one second Fennely was intentionally being racist. But could he have said racially insensitive things and treated black players differently without even noticing it? Yes. But even taking race aside I don't think that is the way we should want a coach to act. I have no idea how McCaffery acts in practice but I've seen how he acts in games and I think it's embarrassing. I would bet Prohm doesn't respect how Fennely does things either. He earned the respect of the team without calling players names and personally attacking them.
Mangino was fired at KU in part for saying similar things to his players.

I'm sure Prohm has no idea who "Fennely" is.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
After hearing what Cole and Kidd said, I am 100% certain moody doesn't want this going to trial. She doesn't want her dirty laundry aired. I said when she was suspended, after hearing what she did, she needed to be booted. This came back to bite BF in the butt. IMO, Nikki is looking for some cash and to bring down a coach she didn't like, problem is her past also.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Anyone who knows Kidd knows that she will tell it how it is, she's very down to Earth. I do not know Moody personally but I will take Kidd's story anyday over hers.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
The real question is who cares? It's women's basketball for crying out loud. They could shut down the program for all I care. I was shocked recently to learn there was still a WNBA.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron