On to Football Season

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Just gonna leave this here:

you know, if the shoe were on the other foot I'd do the same thing but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least point out how amusing it is to see ISU fans mock Iowa fans for their team getting blown out in a game that ISU fans could only dream of seeing their team in.

It's not quite the same thing as Iowa fans making fun of ISU losing sweet 16 games, since there is actual footage of Iowa winning one of those games way back when, but considering how long ago that was now it's pretty close.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That is what I'm reasonably predicting, doesn't mean the season couldn't fall apart early on and they go 5-7. This is Iowa football after all.

Let's face it. This upcoming season has 8-5 with a bowl loss written all over it

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
you know, if the shoe were on the other foot I'd do the same thing but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least point out how amusing it is to see ISU fans mock Iowa fans for their team getting blown out in a game that ISU fans could only dream of seeing their team in.

It's not quite the same thing as Iowa fans making fun of ISU losing sweet 16 games, since there is actual footage of Iowa winning one of those games way back when, but considering how long ago that was now it's pretty close.

I think you know why ISU fans are salty with Iowa last season. We saw them first hand struggle to beat us and we weren't very good at all.

Unlike in 2009 when we were pretty decent and Iowa laid the hammer down on us proving they were BCS bowl quality. Cyclone fans weren't nearly as bitter that season. Heck, the best Iowa team I've seen is that 2010 squad that peed the season down their leg. Would have dismantled the 2015 team.

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
​Iowa:
Miami (OH)
Iowa State
North Dakota State
@ Rutgers
Northwestern
@ Minnesota
@ Purdue
Wisconsin
@ Penn State
Michigan
@ Illinois
Nebraska

Iowa State:
UNI
@ Iowa
@ TCU
San Jose State
Baylor
@ Oklahoma State
@ Texas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
@ Kansas
Texas Tech
West Virginia

One of those things is not like the other

I think a decent, above average B1G team ends up with 8 or 9 wins with Iowa's schedule, which is quite favorable. So that's where I have Iowa.

I think 5-7 for Iowa State would be a good start with a new coaching regime, but I won't be holding my breath; this year is very much rebuilding. If the team shows some improvement and competitiveness I wouldn't be too disappointed with 4-8 in Year 1 of Campbell.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
This thread is troll-iffic. first day of the off-season (Bball done), and this thread could live till kickoff of the 2016 football season.

Well done OP, well done.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think you know why ISU fans are salty with Iowa last season. We saw them first hand struggle to beat us and we weren't very good at all.

Unlike in 2009 when we were pretty decent and Iowa laid the hammer down on us proving they were BCS bowl quality. Cyclone fans weren't nearly as bitter that season. Heck, the best Iowa team I've seen is that 2010 squad that peed the season down their leg. Would have dismantled the 2015 team.

Yeah, that 2010 team really could have been special. I think the 09 team was a Shonn Greene coming back for his Sr. year away from truly being a NT contender. The 2010 season was messed up when Hampton went down and Wegher didn't return.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I predict 6 wins for ISU every year so I'll just stick with it until it happens. Wouldn't be surprised with as few as 4 and if I was putting money on it, I'd predict 5 with a second half collapse in the last game of the year to just miss going bowling. Iowa will win at least 8 but I see them winning 9.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006

Oh, I'd love for ISU to be in one of the major bowls. BUT, this was directed more at iahawks and in response to the obvious troll thread he started. And, BTW, I give credit to the Hoks for winning so many games with their very favorable schedule last year. But, the Stanford game showed that they were posers & didn't BELONG in the Rose Bowl.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

If we could play iowa's football schedule, it wouldn't be a dream.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
So does Iowa only have to play Michigan State and Ohio State about once a decade (absent a match up in conference title game)?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So does Iowa only have to play Michigan State and Ohio State about once a decade (absent a match up in conference title game)?

Not sure, but they do play them both next year. Wish the Big 10 would have stopped at 12 teams.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'd love to be able to dodge Baylor and Oklahoma for the next few years and replace them with a couple of cupcake teams, that's for sure.

I can remember some favorable ISU schedules in mid 2000s where they avoided OK and Texas. Just the way it works in these giant conferences. I for one am not a fan and wish they would have stopped at 12 teams.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You don't like free wins?

I don't like these huge conferences that don't feel like a conference at all. I liked the old big 10 with 10 teams. I didn't mind them adding PSU and then Nebraska, but hated the addition of Maryland and Rutgers.