Send an email to Jamie Pollard

isu_bub

Apr 10, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Jamie has been good about replying to me in the past when I had a question or chimed in on how well he was doing. JP is the man!

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Last time I emailed him I got a pretty generic email back supposedly from him. Said "Thank you for you interest in Cyclone Athletics..." I know obviously he cant personally reply to every email but I was hoping one of his people would at least pretend to be him as opposed to the generic reply.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The one time I emailed him he probably wrote 3X the text that I wrote him. Was very impressed that he actually took the time to give me a detailed answer and not some generic BS response.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I emailed Jamie and told him that Longhorn fans now are saying that Gene Chizik is the worst defensive coordinator ever!

I tell ya boys I had to laugh my butt off on that one. Yeah he was so bad that they won a national championship! I hope someday that ISU can be bad enough to win a national championship! LOL:yes4lo:

CYTIME

Apr 3, 2006
I e-mailed him after the GC news conference...and he got back to me that same night.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I am amazed that Pollard is this personal. I was at ISU when Gene Smith was the AD and he was not terribly friendly towards the student body. I have stories, but they are not suitable for posting.

The more I hear about JP, the more impressed I am with him.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I bet he uses Dragon Naturally speaking 9.0. You just open the email reply and talk. Works great. I don't know how otherwise he could reply to so many people and get the job he is doing done. Crazy.

minnclone99

Nov 22, 2006
Rompots
I bet he uses Dragon Naturally speaking 9.0. You just open the email reply and talk. Works great. I don't know how otherwise he could reply to so many people and get the job he is doing done. Crazy.

Executive assistants are more than just secretaries. They are paid pretty well to do the dirty work of the execs, and have it be well written and well done.

I wouldn't fault JP for taking advantage of the resources of his staff. A reply is a reply.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'll wait to email him because he's a busy guy, and I'd rather he spend time on making our athletics better than reply to me. If he doens't reply to some of you, don't take it personally, its not like he has a 8-5 40 hour work week....this guy is an around the clock guy and I'm thrilled to have him as our AD.

Also, I love how Texas fans at first said we'd never get Chizik, and when we got him, they said how horrible he was

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I e-mailed him after the GC news conference...and he got back to me that same night.

Diito, sent an email at 4:00 and got a response the same night. And it didn't even say "send by Blackberry" so he must have sent the Chizik's back to the airport and went back to his office, or at least has an office in his home.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron