***Official Star Wars Episode VII Thread*** (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
From strictly a viewing perspective one of my favorite scenes are the tie fighters silhouetted in front of the sun.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
[video=youtube;Ayz6S1lIsHU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayz6S1lIsHU[/video]

Put me down in the coincidence camp. That doll kind of looks like her, but not so much so you can rule out coincidence. Her design is a pretty generic humanoid alien. Really her only distinguishing feature is her goggles. So Anakin has a generic humanoid alien statue with goggles, so it must be Maz, right? Most likely it is supposed to be some kind of pod racer, since that's what he was really in to.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Put me down in the coincidence camp. That doll kind of looks like her, but not so much so you can rule out coincidence. Her design is a pretty generic humanoid alien. Really her only distinguishing feature is her goggles. So Anakin has a generic humanoid alien statue with goggles, so it must be Maz, right? Most likely it is supposed to be some kind of pod racer, since that's what he was really in to.

Didnt Maz also have a collection of pod racer flags at her hideout?

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
This is probably the most convincing argument for Rey's parentage.
[video=youtube;ZdYWOoY1-X0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYWOoY1-X0[/video]

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm still trying to decide if I want to know this now or wait for the movie. Is the theory in this video anything earth shattering that hasn't been already discussed in this thread?

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I'm still trying to decide if I want to know this now or wait for the movie. Is the theory in this video anything earth shattering that hasn't been already discussed in this thread?

No, it just elaborates on the most common theory and gives specifics why they feel the movie pointed in that direction.

troyisu

Jan 13, 2011
Waukee

There are 54 pages of theories on here. Just watched the video and it somewhat combines a lot of what has been discussed on here. Just one dude's opinion that is very well conveyed. I still don't know what direction Episode 8 will go after watching the video...

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

No, it just elaborates on the most common theory and gives specifics why they feel the movie pointed in that direction.

Not a new theory. I read this exact same thing in several places not too long after the movie came out, and even discussed it with some friends at work. I do think it is going to be pretty close to what happens.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Just going to leave this here:

hot-cosplay-girls-san-diego-comic-con-2014-2.jpg

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale

Yeah, nothing earth shattering but he does a good job of pulling it all together. Ray being Luke's daughter still seems too obvious.

Thinking back, wonder what a Youtuber like this would have made of the Luke/Leia kiss.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
There are some people claiming that there was a tombstone in the final scene where Rey meets Luke. The theory is that it is the grave site of Luke's wife. Anybody have any evidence to support or kill this theory?

Edit: I found a still of the "grave stone". Supposedly the initials "B L" are on it.

8fgipt5.jpg

dxmonger

Dec 18, 2008
This Solo family picture conclusively rules out the theory that Rey is a sibling of Kylo Ren.

o2p2NdpRqa2kurVRzjuwC9z6q7K9KC_1DY4HoKGxpKx0Lb3r2UCLbjCjakRCJYvG5KWKvTQ0Gq6IRkqee6KOupi_eK3QGqVwSDl87WaYP1w8FzS-nZXTzPqUV3mV2mSCBf28XlvG-ruRYeo6S6g0UiuZwpFuKa1KGcH2xzTUSuKDgZBWMCmfPIRFw76Nouh-_KNVynHrf2owFS7FQH0ffRApI_HwrwmIWHTep2ES6PHXIZRajloTqA=s0-d-e1-ft

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale

Been thinking about this for a while and I think one point blows this theory up. As we've seen thru previous movies force users can sense death and extreme pain. Ben when planet is blown up, Leia a couple times on Luke and in last movie she knew when Han was kabob'd on a light saber.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Been thinking about this for a while and I think one point blows this theory up. As we've seen thru previous movies force users can sense death and extreme pain. Ben when planet is blown up, Leia a couple times on Luke and in last movie she knew when Han was kabob'd on a light saber.

It doesn't blow it up. Nothing a little creativity couldn't explain away. Of course it will be something for some fans to ***** about if it happens.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
So, the wife and I took this coming Friday off work....we were going to go see this at Flix but it looks like it'll be out of the theater by that time but I'm not sure. When I checked their schedule for Friday last night online it was there, but I refreshed the page this morning and it's gone. Just checked the Century 20 theater schedule and looks like it's done there also. Anyone know for sure of other theaters in the area that may be keeping it past the 2 month mark?