Friday OT: It's not me, it's you.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What is the strangest reason you have ever broken up with someone, or they with you?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
HTeW40n.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Seriously, had one girl tell that she thought I was rude to her and ignored her and didn't want to go out with me anymore. The odd part was, I didn't even know we were going out. I had been in a couple groups of people that both of us were around, but never asked her out or thought of it as a date.

Gomer80

May 17, 2011
Nevada, Iowa
I spent too much of my time watching ISU sports....Daughter is still an Iowa State fan and now the ex is too. I guess I win!?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I broke up with a girl in 3rd or 4th grade because she kept dumping my pencils onto the floor. Did it 3 or 4 times and I had enough. *****.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I once heard, "I don't want to be serious with anybody and I can't not be serious with you."

I'm not sure if that was sort of a compliment or a bold-faced lie. Eh, it doesn't matter.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Freshman year at Iowa State, I was taking Calculus I, which was basically a repeat of high school calculus. Started going out with a guy that wanted to go into engineering. He was retaking Calculus I because he flunked it the first time. He flunked it again and dumped me because I got an A. :rolleyes:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
i did have one girl break up with me for not really any reason after about 4 dates. Then I ran into about 5 years later at a bar and she got mad at me and asked why I broke up with her. I said I distinctly remember you saying you didn't want to go out with me again. She told me I was wrong and it was me who broke it off. That might have been a good one to get out of it appeared.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Freshman year at Iowa State, I was taking Calculus I, which was basically a repeat of high school calculus. Started going out with a guy that wanted to go into engineering. He was retaking Calculus I because he flunked it the first time. He flunked it again and dumped me because he transferred to Iowa.. :rolleyes:

FIFY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Freshman year at Iowa State, I was taking Calculus I, which was basically a repeat of high school calculus. Started going out with a guy that wanted to go into engineering. He was retaking Calculus I because he flunked it the first time. He flunked it again and dumped me because I got an A. :rolleyes:

Male translation: smart girls aren't as easy!!!!

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Here's one:

We weren't dating necessarily, just having consensual sexual intercourse...behind the back of her boyfriend. She was allergic to latex, latex-free condoms were pretty expensive for a college kid, so she would steal them from him and bring them over. Eventually they broke up because he backhanded her in the car while he was driving. I thought this meant she was done with him and now we were together. She invited me down to a wedding, I went down, she was acting really sketchy. We get back from the wedding and were hanging out on the couch when her new side piece shows up at the door. That was the end of that.

A few years later, we're hanging out as friends, we have a few drinks, head back to my place, hit the sack...I forgot she was allergic to latex and knowing she was a curious cat, I wasn't about to take the risk. We part ways. 5 months later she's engaged and taking engagement/baby belly pictures. Dodged a bullet.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
One girl broke up with me because she was a lesbian. I took it as a compliment that I was her boy ploy.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I once dumped a girl because I was having too much fun at Iowa State while she was still in high school.

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
My ex-gf broke up with me for going to the Big 12 tournament last year and not on a trip with her. Got the break up call the night we beat KU. Oh well, still Big 12 tourney champs!!

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I dumped a chick because she was constantly texting me and wanting to hang out during my internship. I was extremely busy during that time. I would hang out with her once or twice a week. The 5 or 6 times I didn't, she would go into a rant accusing me of not being interested in her and would finish every rant with "you just come off like you want to break up." So after two weeks of this, I just stopped talking to her period.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
This last summer I had a girl break up with me. She was extremely jealous...extremely jealous. So I couldn't ever talk about women. So one night, we were talking about me moving into a new apartment in two weeks. She asked if any girls would ever be there. I said I'm sure a few of my college buddies will hang out if we're having a get together, and then of course, DK, Fitzy's girlfriend, would be over occasionally with Fitzy.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
A girlfriends mom in high school told her she thought I was great and all, but that my best friend was even better. I broke up with her because I felt her family was too screwed up.