Downtown DSM Webcam

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Oh, so now Jon suddenly cares about flooding in downtown Des Moines? We're supposed to believe he cares about anything other than the Hawks? Come on, he's not a credible source!

/sarcasm

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Are you holding up OK Jon? I hope you feelings don't get hurt to bad on this board? Not all of us like to trash you.

LOL

I appreciate your thinking that, but my feelings would be hurt if people didn't talk about the show ;)

It's just folks expressing their opinions about a radio show. It's not like there are pitchforks and torches outside of my house.

I don't know many of the folks on here. Those that I have gotten to know a little bit realize there is a person behind the mic, and the username.

I care about what God thinks of me, and how I am living my one and only life. Outside of that, sticks and stones....

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
The same web cam is on KCCI's website under their weather page. I work on CDS on Bell Avenue near Grays Lake and sandbagging is taking place as a precautionary measure.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
LOL

It's just folks expressing their opinions about a radio show. It's not like there are pitchforks and torches outside of my house.

Speaking of that, did any of the I-State yard signs show up? I would like to think that you have been getting about one a week in your yard. If I did not live in Ames (and if I knew your whereabouts) I would have been personally sticking one in your yard every week (at about 3 am):yes:

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Last night I walked on both of those bridges, around 5:30. There was about 4 feet of grass between the water and the back steps to City Hall there....center screen, to the left (north in real life) of the Simon Estes Amphitheater. It appears to be down to about one foot now...last night, the street lights at simon estes that are along the back wall of the stage were about 4 feet from being submerged.

It's just incredible.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Is that live or are they just taking snapshots every so often? If its supposed to be live, my computer's not working.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Gotchya. Does anyone know of one that is live? I like to see how fast the water is moving. Kind of a canoe/kayak buff. Not that there's going to be much of that going on this weekend like there was supposed to be.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
It's not like there are pitchforks and torches outside of my house.

This isn't Nebraska and you aren't Frankenstein's Monster.

Thanks for the link. My wife works with the DOT and I guess a bunch of the information they use is on servers that are being moved from ground floor because of the flooding. I can only imagine the damage that is being caused.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
LOL

Thanks for the heads up I was heading over to the station with my pitchfork this afternoon. I guess I don't have to stop at Lowe's to get a Torch.