Hawks Premium Seating

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
The plan calls for 100 courtside seats in two rows and 550 club seats for men's basketball, which would replace the collapse-style bleachers. First-row courtside seating would require a 10-year commitment of $10,000 annually per seat. Those fans also would be required to donate $15,000 to the athletics department for each seat annually for five years. Each second-row courtside seat would cost $5,000 annually per seat for 10 years and fans must donate $7,000 per seat annually for five years.

Premium seats key to Carver renovation | GazetteOnline.com - Cedar Rapids, Iowa City

Who are they planning on selling these tickets too? No one goes to the games when the tickets cost $10.

In all seriousness this is quite the ticket package and would require a very significant donation. I guess at least you get to sit courtside every two years to watch ISU thump the Hawks.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
My question is this.... Is there such a thing as premium seating for an EIU sporting event? I suppose there is if your a fan of the visiting team. Maybe....

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I don't quite get why this is in "General College"; or why we're wasting bandwidth talking about it, or why all the advertisements just went to a Gay Athlete Hookup website, but because it's about the hawks, I think I know why....

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So they want $175,000 for ten years. Is the third row still $10 per game?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
$10?? Now I know when you flip past the EIU games on TV why all of the low class morons are sitting right on the court jumping around acting stupid. There is no need to damn near jump out on the court after a call goes against EIU when your behind by 37 points.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah but who only buys one ticket? It's going to be at lest 350K

Yah, I forgot about that aspect. I sure hope there are plans to upgrade the schedule for that kind of cash. Between their non-conference and the Big11 being down the last few years I don't see what the point is.

Also, does that money being donated help your football seating, or is that a completely separate pot?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
$10?? Now I know when you flip past the EIU games on TV why all of the low class morons are sitting right on the court jumping around acting stupid. There is no need to damn near jump out on the court after a call goes against EIU when your behind by 37 points.

You're just full of all sorts of happiness aren't you?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I certainly am. Things are looking up and there is a buzz with the Clones. I can't help but to enjoy the black cloud that looks to be permanently hanging over EIU. It doesn't pain me at all to see EIU athletics with no direction, no leadership, and certainly no buzz with the exception of that being generated by the court system.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I don't quite get why this is in "General College"; or why we're wasting bandwidth talking about it

We're wasting bandwidth because there are people who are obsessed with every minute gesture that comes out of Iowa City, and they jump on any chance to deplore the Hawks, even when there is no apparent reason for doing so.

or why all the advertisements just went to a Gay Athlete Hookup website, but because it's about the hawks, I think I know why....

I don't like the Hawks either, but I don't find this comment to be in good taste.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I certainly am. Things are looking up and there is a buzz with the Clones. I can't help but to enjoy the black cloud that looks to be permanently hanging over EIU. It doesn't pain me at all to see EIU athletics with no direction, no leadership, and certainly no buzz with the exception of that being generated by the court system.

Well, I disagree, there is plenty of buzz around basketball, football, and wrestling. I don't know what cloud you're looking at, but the general consensus is that all the programs are heading back in the right direction.

I don't know how you can think that ISU has so much more direction since it's been 3 years since a winning season in either football or basketball.

I honestly think that there are positives surrounding ISU and Iowa athletics right now. All Big 3 programs certainly have good things going for them.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
You don't read the papers much do you? Lickliter is already creating a negative buzz with his handling of Tony Freeman and the football team seems to be overshadowed by the total failure of it's players to obey the law. Your returning QB is another cause for concern. Other then those minor details I am sure everything is just peachy.

In ISU's case there has been a mass exodus of basketball players due to a coaching change and personal matters. The Wes Johnson issue as you know is a strange happening. As for football the Clones are looking to be an improved squad from last year and Chizik is now starting to bring in his own recruits which has created a lot of excitement.

I would say that my statements are pretty accurate.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
What success has Iowa had in basketball in the last 3 season So Hawk? Here comes that elite thinking that the Hawk fans are known for. Basketball hasn't been worth a crap at EIU since you guys gave Dr. Tom such a gracious thank you for the years that he put in there. The only buzz left in basketball there is the fact that Lickliter can only go up right now.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Other then getting a cash grab at a bigger school I would lay even money down that Lickliter still wishes he was at Butler.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
You don't read the papers much do you? Lickliter is already creating a negative buzz with his handling of Tony Freeman and the football team seems to be overshadowed by the total failure of it's players to obey the law. Your returning QB is another cause for concern. Other then those minor details I am sure everything is just peachy.

In ISU's case there has been a mass exodus of basketball players due to a coaching change and personal matters. The Wes Johnson issue as you know is a strange happening. As for football the Clones are looking to be an improved squad from last year and Chizik is now starting to bring in his own recruits which has created a lot of excitement.

Not sure I agree. None of the Iowa fans I know, and I know a lot, disagree with Lickliter's handling of the Freeman situation. They all like Lickliter and the class he's bringing in next year, and the job he's doing with recruiting for the class after that. I'd say there's positive buzz there. Especially now that they're going to make improvements to Carver.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
The handling of the Freeman situation was another EIU cloak and dagger operation. Everything is held under wraps and everyone is left in the dark. There is no transparency in how it was handled. It seems odd that a new coach tells the best returning player to take a hike. Most EIU fans may recall a similar situation with a guy named Dr. Tom and a guy named Steve Alford. I guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

This is my last response to you, because it is apparent that you probably contribute less to this board than MontyBurns does.

Anyways, I'm not sure what papers you have been reading, but there is no negative buzz around Lickliter. The football team has had its issues, but fans are still cautiously optimistic that KF will turn things around. With the new WR coach making a huge impact on the team and in recruiting, I'm more than excited to watch the program turn around.

And here's something I have never understood, so I'd like somebody to explain it to me. ISU loses a lot of their key position players on offense, and has to rebuild a defense that wasn't exactly world beaters last year. And yet, they think that the team will be significantly more improved next year, while Iowa (who finished .500) will be worse even though the entire defensive line returns experienced players, the o-line returns, the QB returns, and all of the receivers return (including two injured from last year).

I don't know why Iowa fans shouldn't be at least semi-optimistic on the upcoming season while ISU fans should be estatic. I think both fanbases have reason to think that their teams will be improved.

What success has Iowa had in basketball in the last 3 season So Hawk? Here comes that elite thinking that the Hawk fans are known for. Basketball hasn't been worth a crap at EIU since you guys gave Dr. Tom such a gracious thank you for the years that he put in there. The only buzz left in basketball there is the fact that Lickliter can only go up right now.

I dunno, two Big Ten Tournament titles, 3 NCAA tournament appearances, and a 2nd place finish in the conference isn't exactly a horrible 8 year resume`. The fact is, Alford really ran the program down in ways other than just by losses. In his final year, it became apparent that the program was stagnant, and that with all of the grade problems and character issues he seemed to be set on recruiting, and the fact that he was absolutley horrible in relating to Iowans really hurt the program.

But Iowa and ISU have been pretty even over the past 5-6 years in basketball.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
ISU basketball fans are a lot like Iowa football fans. A couple great seasons after several years of being average. All of a sudden it is 'cool' to have high expectations of your team. People start talking down about other peoples programs when in all reality it is pretty even.