Give Pollard credit tonight...a chant for him!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Deace brings up a good point...AD is one of the most thankless jobs around. When things go right, the coaches and players get the kudos. When they go wrong, everyone looks to the AD to make changes.

So, as we have almost every day since JP came to Ames, lets continue to give him credit when it's deserved. Lets start by vocally doing it tonight....with this chant....

"Jam-ie Poll-ard! Jam-ie Poll-ard! Jam-ie Poll-ard! Jam-ie Poll-ard!"

Last edited:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Re: Give Pollard credit tonight...

That will be a sweet way to start the night! I'm sure I'll be watching the webcast. Go State!

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
this was a huge suprise to me..i cant wait to be there tonite to see him being introduced, i think this was one of the best hires we could get

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
Deace brings up a good point...AD is one of the most thankless jobs around. When things go right, the coaches and players get the kudos. When they go wrong, everyone looks to the AD to make changes.

So, as we have almost every day since JP came to Ames, lets continue to give him credit when it's deserved. Lets start by vocally doing it tonight....with this chant....

"Jam-ie Poll-ard! Jam-ie Poll-ard! Jam-ie Poll-ard! Jam-ie Poll-ard!"
That's four whole syllables...I'm not sure our crowd can handle that and stay together. I think just "Jam-ie" would get the point across.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
"Jam-ie Poll-ard! *clap clap, clapclapclap*
Jam-ie Poll-ard! *clap clap, clapclapclap*
Jam-ie Poll-ard! *clap clap, clapclapclap*"

That should help!

If yer sittin next to me Amy...you're doing this chant...lol

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Jamie is "The MAN"!
Plain and simple.

When I saw him this morning at the airport, he looked like a kid who knew exactly what he was getting for Christmas. He had a HUGE smile on his face.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
how about: This side "Jamie" -That side "Pollard" instead of East side of Jack Trice="Cyclone", West side="Power"

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Jamie called the press conference for Chizik, and I think he'd be much happier if we cheered him.

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
"Jam-ie Poll-ard! *clap clap, clapclapclap*
Jam-ie Poll-ard! *clap clap, clapclapclap*"

That should help!

If yer sittin next to me Amy...you're doing this chant...lol
Ah, I wasn't incorporating the claps. Much clearer. And yes, I will join you loud and proud!

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
well... time for me to get ready for the rally as I sneak in a little early... haha... will I even get to shake Gene's hand??? find out tonight... on CycloneFanatic.com

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Jamie called the press conference for Chizik, and I think he'd be much happier if we cheered him.

Well of course we'll be loud for our new coach.

Yet recognizing the man that landed our new coach is important too. :biggrin9gp:

Chris

Mar 20, 2006
Houston
Visit site
How about the ISU President too? We got a Pres that sees sports as important to the overall university image. He got Pollard here, Pollard gets Mac, Cael, now Gene... pretty impressive.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Excellent point, Chris. The AD can take bold steps and build big dreams only with the support of President Gregory Geoffroy. That is the magic of this moment - support of athletics by the academic and institutional administration. That is why we can be so hopeful that the tools will be provided.

But, tonight is for Chizik. Just be sure to remember the AD and the Pres another time.