Is espn classic worth paying extra for?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Not now that Cheap Seats is off the air.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Not in my opinion either, I maybe watch 1 thing there every 6 months. Once and a while on saturdays they will toss a live football game on there. I think ISU was on classic a few years back.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Not worth it...although I did watch some trampoline event on there today that was sweet...
I saw this when I was flipping thru the channels, were they getting scored or was it more of an entertainment performance?
Either way, it was weird.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Not in my opinion either, I maybe watch 1 thing there every 6 months. Once and a while on saturdays they will toss a live football game on there. I think ISU was on classic a few years back.

We had a couple of basketball games on Classic last year, vs. Baylor and Colorado.

Other than a couple of possible ISU games on there, its not worth it IMO.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
I believe they had the Iowa v. Northwestern State tourney game on some time ago. That was sweet.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
They don't use that channel like they could. I suppose they don't want to create too much competition with the same time slots as the other ESPN's for adverstising purposes? They could do like 7 PM Big12 game each Fri/Sat or something.

SeeJay420

Nov 11, 2006
Cyclone Country
Not worth it. Although it doesn't cost any extra to have it with the package I have from DirecTV. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, & Classic. ESPNews is definately worth it when you dont catch one of the 15 SportsCenters on a day.

bigredqb7

Apr 11, 2006
Milwaukee
i think its worth it but i also watch it quite a bit. they play a lot of classic sports movies on it and soccer matches on occasion. plus they always play like the best college bball or football game of the week during the seasons

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
I find myself watching classic quite a bit. The replays of the best games of the week are nice. And the soccer matches are cool too. I'd probably have to see what else was on the package, but I'd probably pay for it.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
You never mentioned how much extra... if it was an extra $1 per month (yeah, right) I would say it's worth it. We did have a (live) basketball game on it this past season and they do occaisionally play an ISU game from the good ol' days when we used to beat Kansas repeatedly and our player named Johnson was Stevie, not Weasely.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
ESPN just might as well rebrand Classic as an ESPN3, the amount of "classic" sports programming has gone down hill over the years.

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
How much extra? I only think it's worth it if you either like soccer or can really enjoy watching games/matches of different sports that happened a long time ago. For me, there are some sports I can't watch if the game is old, and I know the outcome. There are other sports that I can watch no matter what.