Will Ames' Golf Courses Be Open This Week?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Folks, I'm heading to Ames this week for my annual pilgrimage and I'm bringing my Golf Clubs, but I'm concerned what I'm hearing about the flooding.

I've been waiting all year for the chance to play Veenker ....is it underwater? Should I even bother trying to play on Wed / Thur??

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
According to weather.com most of the central Iowa waterways will not crest until Wednesday. Based on that, I don't think Golf at Veenker or Coldwater looks to promising.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for a while.

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
Folks, I'm heading to Ames this week for my annual pilgrimage and I'm bringing my Golf Clubs, but I'm concerned what I'm hearing about the flooding.

I've been waiting all year for the chance to play Veenker ....is it underwater? Should I even bother trying to play on Wed / Thur??

All holes are open at the Amana Golf Club. Not too many courses in the area can say that.

Last week a Colorado golfer hit a hole-in-one on a par four. He shot even par from the gold tees for the round, but his albatross bounced off the cart path before finding the cup.

bcr4isu

Oct 17, 2006
I golfed at Oaks this past weekend it was pretty wet but nothing too bad, they are still letting you use the carts at least.