Spaghetti Works

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
It was really good but I think they have new management or ownership because ever since they renovated the inside the food has not been as good.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
So, not good for a birthday meal then. Any good ideas?

My 2 favorite birthday places are Apare (Japanese) and Rubes. Excellent for hanging out and having a brew with friends, and great food.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
For your birthday?

Go to Sam & Gabes, Centro, Latin King or someplace like that. :)

Can't go wrong with the Chicago Speakeasy either.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
For your birthday?

Go to Sam & Gabes, Centro, Latin King or someplace like that. :)

Can't go wrong with the Chicago Speakeasy either.

Yep, birthday is on Tuesday. Have to schedule to family meals though.
Are these Grandparent friendly? :smile:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
huhut is the bomb. follow that with a trip to the lumberyard and you've got yourself a birfday.

Depends on how spicy you make your food, and how much you eat. I don't know if a trip to the Lumberyard would be a good idea while you're full of onions, pasta, and spicy oils.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
If going downtown go to Tumea & Sons SE 1st or La Trattoria on 4th. There are a lot of new restruants in the east village I want to try.

Spaghetti works sucks

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yep, birthday is on Tuesday. Have to schedule to family meals though.
Are these Grandparent friendly? :smile:

The Latin King is great, like 22 said.

Hu Hot is a place where you go through different stations, and pick out your noodles, meat, vegies, and oils to go on your meal, and they cook it around a huge open stove. It's pretty cool. Don't know if you've been there or not, but it's fun for everybody.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Thanks you guys. It's really sad, I've never really been in Des Moines even though I've lived in Indianola, Ankeny, and Ames now. :no::no::no::no::no:

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
The Latin King is great, like 22 said.

Hu Hot is a place where you go through different stations, and pick out your noodles, meat, vegies, and oils to go on your meal, and they cook it around a huge open stove. It's pretty cool. Don't know if you've been there or not, but it's fun for everybody.

CycloneErik got to go and he loved it! It's on the list for the next date night:yes:

CyTom

Mar 30, 2006
Des Moines
If you want Italian Food I would advise Gino's on 6th Ave for the best in town with Tumea & Sons a close second. I would choose Spaghetti Works over La Trattoria.