Finishing Snyder Stadium

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I like how they constantly refer to it as Phase 3-B like it's a part of the Death Star or something.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
So a couple thousand seats in the corner for the band and some office space for $15 million?

That sounds about right.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Why didn't they do the entire endzone all at once? Seems odd.

Two things. It's a pay as you go project. Both will be paid for with contributions not long term revenue/bonding. And second, there were some ADA compliance issues to work through with completion of the bowl. It's a very nice place now, protected from the prevailing north winds late in the season, and constructed with materials and a look that are consistent with the rest of campus.
college-photo_14242..jpg

AustinHawk

Dec 10, 2009
I like how they constantly refer to it as Phase 3-B like it's a part of the Death Star or something.

Hope they remembered to protect the exhaust port in this one.

Honestly though, that looks turrible. It just looks, forced, like they insisted on filling it in rather than just having some grass or something there.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Did they strike more oil?

Lots of big gifters down here including the president of BNSF RR and a Romney replacement at Bain Capital.

As to the look, yes, the renderings do look odd. But this is by one of the finest stadium design firms in the world, Populous. When completed, I'm sure it will be pleasing to the eye.

BTW, it's mostly for the marching band, their own space, as well as visitor and game officials dressing rooms.

http://populous.com/projectspe/c/tyollegiate/

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Two things. It's a pay as you go project. Both will be paid for with contributions not long term revenue/bonding. And second, there were some ADA compliance issues to work through with completion of the bowl. It's a very nice place now, protected from the prevailing north winds late in the season, and constructed with materials and a look that are consistent with the rest of campus.
college-photo_14242..jpg

Wait, that's on campus? I thought that was Nottingham?

mortianna-robin-hood.jpg

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The changes that stadium has undergone the last few decades are remarkable. Growing up we went to many many big 8 road games, the trips to the state of Kansas always made me appreciate JTS, which at the time was a hideous concrete eyesore. It's possible that Bill Snyder has meant more to that program than any coach at any program ever.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron