Parkersburg

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
I just got back from Parkersburg for my second trip helping, they need more volunteers so any help is great.

My mom is basically the "go to" for the P-burg ambulance crew, she is on the phone all the time trying to organize, etc.. The local police force and community leaders are doing such a great job with everything there, it is amazing to see.

Simon Estes, "Internationally acclaimed bass baratone" was there today with Mrs. Culver, he announced he was going to be holding 2 charity events for Parkersburg in the future. He said his goal is raise $1 million dollars for the community! My mom was crying when he said it, the people there are so grateful, and need the support and help, they will be working at this effort for a long time to come.

Nothing much to say, just wanted to let everyone know what I experienced and to try and help in anyway you can.
Thanks!

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I don't know why all these people are working so hard? Didn't they learn from Katrina that you should just demand the government do everything for you? :skeptical:

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Two very different situations with Katrina and Parkersburg. And yes I know you are being sarcastic.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I don't know why all these people are working so hard? Didn't they learn from Katrina that you should just demand the government do everything for you? :skeptical:
Don't get me started on that. I've spoken with several people who were part of both cleanups and they said the difference between the 2 is night and day. I know that's what it would be like anywhere in Iowa and throughout the midwest. I know a pastor told the congregation on Sunday that people would have to swallow their pride and accept some of the assistance. This is what our tax dollars should be for, to supplement insurance and other forms of assistance when disasters like this happen. Not to be the sole form of assistance in any situation.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
I have seen both and it is awesome how everyone in Parkersburg dug in and got started.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron