Chipolte

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Just an FYI, Chipolte opened at Valley West Mall today, I now will offically gain 25 pounds over the next two months catching up for what I didn't eat since I moved back to Des Moines in August.

The line was out the store into the parking lot at 2:00 pm, well worth the wait.

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
I am in the dark here, what is Chipolte? Is it a restraunt? or just a food store with different Chipolte sauses??

Edit - I guess post that got entered before me answers question.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Sounds like when the Krispy Kreme opened in Arlington a few years ago. The cops had to come out and direct traffic at certain times because the cars trying to get into the place were backing up traffic. Nowadays, you can walk in there pretty much at any time and not have to wait in line.

Fame is fleeting...

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I am in the dark here, what is Chipolte? Is it a restraunt? or just a food store with different Chipolte sauses??

It's a lot like Panchero's. Just better.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
My wife I and were going to go for lunch. We there about 11:20 and saw a line out the door. We went to Qdoba instead since we were in a burrito mood. The Qdoba in West Des Moines is HORRIBLE. The meats aren't seasoned well. Nothing seemed fresh. They put way too much rice and not enough of anything else. Qdoba was one of my favorite places to eat in Colorado. But there, the Q I freqented cooked their meats on a grill right behind the counter. Everything was very freshed and NICELY seasoned. I'm not going back to Qdoba in WDM ever again. I'm glad Chipotle opened. They'll be getting my business now.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
My wife I and were going to go for lunch. We there about 11:20 and saw a line out the door. We went to Qdoba instead since we were in a burrito mood. The Qdoba in West Des Moines is HORRIBLE. The meats aren't seasoned well. Nothing seemed fresh. They put way too much rice and not enough of anything else. Qdoba was one of my favorite places to eat in Colorado. But there, the Q I freqented cooked their meats on a grill right behind the counter. Everything was very freshed and NICELY seasoned. I'm not going back to Qdoba in WDM ever again. I'm glad Chipotle opened. They'll be getting my business now.

I ate at the Qdoba in WDM once, right when I moved to town and wanted chipolte. It was terrible, I agree.

I won't go back and now that Chipolte is here they will have all of my burrito business.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Ever since Panchero's opened up in Ames, it has been my burrito spot of choice. It's right accross the street from where i work, and the burritos are tasty (or so I thought) I had eaten Chipotle in multiple instances before Pancheros opened, and I guess I just always thought they were interchangeable. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I stopped by a Chipotle in Denver, and let me tell you what, Chipotle is SO much better than Pancheros. Everything just had so much more taste. The meat was marinated better. The salsas had more flavor. Even the rice was better. It was not even a comparison. It bums me out because there's not a Chipotle in Ames, so I have to go back to Pancheros, and I'll never look at them the same way again. Even though their burritos are good, I'll know in my heart that somewhere out there, men in red woolen shirts are eating at Chipotle, and getting incredible kicks from things that I'll never know...unless they open one in Ames...

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
There are two Chipotle Restaurants in downtown Denver, I can't eat at either one due to the lines running out the door from 11 to 1 during the week.

They need to open Tokyo Joe's in Iowa...Ames or West Des Moines...

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Ever since Panchero's opened up in Ames, it has been my burrito spot of choice. It's right accross the street from where i work, and the burritos are tasty (or so I thought) I had eaten Chipotle in multiple instances before Pancheros opened, and I guess I just always thought they were interchangeable. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I stopped by a Chipotle in Denver, and let me tell you what, Chipotle is SO much better than Pancheros. Everything just had so much more taste. The meat was marinated better. The salsas had more flavor. Even the rice was better. It was not even a comparison. It bums me out because there's not a Chipotle in Ames, so I have to go back to Pancheros, and I'll never look at them the same way again. Even though their burritos are good, I'll know in my heart that somewhere out there, men in red woolen shirts are eating at Chipotle, and getting incredible kicks from things that I'll never know...unless they open one in Ames...

I had Chipolte before Qdoba and Panchero's so I knew when I had them for the first time they didn't stack up. Then I just sat and hoped one would open up close to me soon.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
They need to open Tokyo Joe's in Iowa...Ames or West Des Moines...

Ames. :yes: And if they could branch out a Vesta, things would be good, too.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny

Blah, go support Flying Burrito!! Much better burritos in my opinion, and its local (as well as not run by Hawkeyes)