Is Kinnick too big of a stadium for Iowa or do Iowa fans just really suck?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Can't sell out a stadium for a top 20 undefeated team. Which is it? Too many seats to fill or too many band wagon t-shirt fans that haven't returned yet?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
They want it both ways....they want the respect and they defend the schedule....but their attendance shows what they really think of the schedule.

All comes back to the watered down Big 10. Great, you're undefeated, but look at the crap coming into your stadium. At least we get to see TCU, Baylor, OU, Texas, OSU, KSU every other year.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I haven't paid too much attention, but are they getting a lot of 11:00 a.m. starts with their crap schedule?

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
I amazed at the amount of "die-hard" fans that have all of a sudden come out of the woodwork on facebook, yet are unable to name a player not named Tim Dwight.

I am also amazed at the number of "die-hard" neighbors that I see out mowing the lawn, cleaning their garage or walking their dog during Iowa football games.

Reactions: mj4cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Well, they were ****** and tried to send a message to the AD they weren't happy with Ferentz.
Now they are undefeated, and good, not great.
They are either:
1. Coming out of the woodwork and being more arrogant than ever
2. Understand the schedule blows
3. Are not wanting to show up and let the AD think things are now OK
4. Mix of 1-3

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Maybe someone should write an article about it letting everyone know that Iowa doesn't care what everyone thinks about their attendance.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
I amazed at the amount of "die-hard" fans that have all of a sudden come out of the woodwork on facebook, yet are unable to name a player not named Tim Dwight.

I am also amazed at the number of "die-hard" neighbors that I see out mowing the lawn, cleaning their garage or walking their dog during Iowa football games.

you are making stuff up.

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Well, they were ****** and tried to send a message to the AD they weren't happy with Ferentz.
They are either:
4. Mix of 1-3

I think its a mix of a few things. Up until this year, the program had been growing stale since '09, and anyone could see it. We didnt have awful recrods thanks to an easy schedule, but the same things were happening- Losing to ISU, playing down to lesser teams, not taking advantage when we should, crappy recruiting, etc... things like that. It made it difficult too when they were hitting up donors for the new facilities, but were falling behind on the field. Plain and simple- the fans spoke with their money. I think people just didnt see this turn around happen. And its not just the record, its how they are winning.

Believe me, I wish we were selling out. But who knows, maybe all of that lost revenue caused Barta to go to Ferentz to tell him to shape up or ship out. IF that happened, then... well... it worked.

Last edited:

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
They are either:
4. Mix of 1-3

You nailed it. I was fed up as were a lot of fans. I believe it forced KF to make some changes that are working this year. Will take a little while for the fans to return in numbers like they did before.

AustinHawk

Dec 10, 2009
You're forgetting about how Sally "Fun Police" Mason was working really hard at killing the tailgating atmosphere.