*** ASST. COACH SEARCH THREAD: Wed, June 10th ***

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Why do you think Robinson is better than Mann? All those great players he he getting at Loyola? Also, why did they need a specific bigs coach? From what I have seen McKay, Niang, Ejim, have all been done pretty well.
For the Greek.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Why do you think Robinson is better than Mann? All those great players he he getting at Loyola? Also, why did they need a specific bigs coach? From what I have seen McKay, Niang, Ejim, have all been done pretty well.

A lot of teams try to have a coach for their big guys. Pretty normal. We had Doc the year Fred made it the furthest, so imagine that.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I'm not saying Mann should have been retained, I'm saying Robinson is worse. It makes sense to replace Mann for the simple fact there isn't a ton of talent from Michigan these days and they usually go to MSU or Michigan.

Umm no. A lot of people on here are going to eat serious crow in a few years when Drob has brought in some serious talent. Mann just didn't seem productive as a recruiter at all....he brought in MM and that's it and he wasn't a very good defensive coach either obviously. Maybe his hands were tied a bit with recruiting strategy idk. What I do know is that I'll be shocked if this current staff doesn't knock it out of the park recruiting wise.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Umm no. A lot of people on here are going to eat serious crow in a few years when Drob has brought in some serious talent. Mann just didn't seem productive as a recruiter at all....he brought in MM and that's it and he wasn't a very good defensive coach either obviously. Maybe his hands were tied a bit with recruiting strategy idk. What I do know is that I'll be shocked if this current staff doesn't knock it out of the park recruiting wise.

I think DRob will be an upgrade over Mann.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Man there are some serious homers on here
These guys will benefit from having the head coach committed. Recuriting can improve without having an all-star staff imo.

The concern with DRob, in particular his career trajectory is valid imo, but we were not going to pay to get the home run assistants in June.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
So this may have been discussed and I missed it and its not related to the asst coaches salaries, but I have a question: Is there perceived to be significant chance that Otz could be hired by Wisconsin next year when Bo Ryan leaves?