*** ASST. COACH SEARCH THREAD: Wed, June 10th ***

cycloneSOULja

Feb 16, 2011
Some of ya'll are acting like Prohm was hired as a secret spy sent from Lawrence, Kansas via Murray, Kentucky to deliberately sabotage Iowa State Basketball for not only this season but for seasons to come.

When they interview for jobs, they have a plan, a vision, and they get hired based on the plan/vision and administrations belief the head coach can execute the plan. Before all of this, most of you could not name more than maybe 1-2 assistant coaches outside of Iowa State. I think Prohm is a better evaluator of coaches than any of us on this board.

PsychedClone

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
Coach Otz is truly fortunate that he is more highly regarded by his counterparts in the basketball profession (the ones whose opinions matter) than he is by some of the "know nothings" on this board who actually think they have the wherewithal to judge his qualifications as either a coach or recruiter.

Last edited:

cy47

Mar 29, 2014
Fwiw Danyell Robinson is a great man. Staff at loyola rave about him. His indian hills connection (former player) cant hurt. No link or anything like that. Just some personal connections and opinions. I look at him like cornell mann 2.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Some of ya'll are acting like Prohm was hired as a secret spy sent from Lawrence, Kansas via Murray, Kentucky to deliberately sabotage Iowa State Basketball for not only this season but for seasons to come.

When they interview for jobs, they have a plan, a vision, and they get hired based on the plan/vision and administrations belief the head coach can execute the plan. Before all of this, most of you could not name more than maybe 1-2 assistant coaches outside of Iowa State. I think Prohm is a better evaluator of coaches than any of us on this board.
If marshall was to sign then i might become suspicious :jimlad:

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Was instrumental bringing in Marquis Gilstrap, LaRon Dendy, and probably the biggest bust in Iowa State history, Chris Colvin. Not bad for his two year stint at Iowa State, but not great.

What players did Robinson bring to ISU his first time here?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Robinson and TJ would be both good additions to this staff. It's that simple. Hope it happens. I don't care if you agree or not.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
DR also was really close with Brackins and Garrett. I knew a couple players at Indian Hills and he was really well respected there. Has great Juco, Chicago and Texas connections.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Coach Otz is truly fortunate that he is more highly regarded by his counterparts in the basketball profession (the ones whose opinions matter) than he is by some of the "no nothings" on this board who actually think they have the wherewithal to judge his qualifications as either a coach or recruiter.

I always enjoy these posts. Everyone knows that message board posters aren't everything, but what is the point of flying by to post "message board posters suck?"

cy47

Mar 29, 2014
What players did Robinson bring to ISU his first time here?

I dont think it necessarily matters what players each member of the staff brings in. As long as SOMEBODY on the staff( hopefully tj) brings players in. It is just as important for them to have a coach to relate to and bond with once they get here. Get some good talent on campus and warch them thrive in a system with leaders whos are good ppl with whom they have great relationship s with. Morale is importan.

Last edited:

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Coach Otz is truly fortunate that he is more highly regarded by his counterparts in the basketball profession (the ones whose opinions matter) than he is by some of the "no nothings" on this board who actually think they have the wherewithal to judge his qualifications as either a coach or recruiter.

Your point is mostly spot on. For whatever reason this place puts him on a pedastal, even though he hasn't achieved much of anything and no one wants to hire him as a HC.

I was estatic to hire him as an assistant, but you guys hyping him up way more than he deserves is mind blowing. He has no business being our HC at this point in time, and you don't just give him a raise because you feel bad for him.

If he's such a little ***** like you make him out to be and can't handle staying here because Fred left and because he didn't get the HC job, then let him go.

If he's fine with sticking out his contract like I'm sure he is, then keep him. If he warrants a raise/extension next year, then give it to him.

But not now.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Otz isn't perfect but he looks better and better compared to guys like Robinson whose name is getting thrown around.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

"No nothings"?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Has there ever been a less connected beat writer?

Randy Peterson: 2m ago - Getting signals that Coach Prohm will be hiring some add'l staff soon and should have the staff filled out by the time the team goes to Europe.

That's not real, but why does the Rag pay this guy for doing something I could and would do for way less $$$ from the comfort of my living room.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron