KU Remaining Schedule

clonefan1

Aug 7, 2006
With West Virginia upsetting KU last night that puts us 1 game back. However, it appears we have the tougher schedule remaining. I can see KU losing at OU but doubtful they lose at KState. I just don't see KU losing 2 more and ISU winning out to win the Big 12. I can see KU losing 1 more but still don't see ISU winning out to at least share the Big 12.

Thoughts?

KU:

TCU (Home) W
@KState - probable W
Texas (Home) W
WV (Home) W
@OU Possible L

ISU:

@OSU
@ Texas
Baylor
@KState
OU
@TCU

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If we somehow win out, and they lose another, don't we get the title because of our sweep with WVU?

Eitiher way, I just want to finish strong to be ready for March.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
With West Virginia upsetting KU last night that puts us 1 game back. However, it appears we have the tougher schedule remaining. I can see KU losing at OU but doubtful they lose at KState. I just don't see KU losing 2 more and ISU winning out to win the Big 12. I can see KU losing 1 more but still don't see ISU winning out to at least share the Big 12.

Thoughts?

KU:

TCU (Home) W
@KState - probable W
Texas (Home) W
WV (Home) W
@OU Possible L

ISU:

@OSU
@ Texas
Baylor
@KState
OU
@TCU

So what you're saying is that you don't see KU losing, or ISU winning, or ISU winning, or KU losing. Unless KU loses 1, then ISU loses 2, or if KU doesn't lose any, then ISU loses 1. Or if KU doesn't lose, then ISU does. Does that about cover your thoughts?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
If we somehow win out, and they lose another, don't we get the title because of our sweep with WVU?

It would depend on who the third place team is. Or 4th team, or so on. But we would share the title and it would just impact seeding at the Big 12 tourney

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Screw KU Schedule

Our men just need to win out - for a variety of reasons. That is the next step for the program. So many good things will happen if/when they do that. Conference title may be one of them.

Let other teams worry about what we are doing, not the other way around.

stormchaser

May 15, 2008
Getting a share of the title is very unlikely at this point, but 2nd place outright is still very doable. That would go a long way for tourny seed.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Probably will only lose to Oklahoma. We need to win out to have a shot at tying for the title. I would be ecstatic if we managed that, but I don't think we are going to pull out wins @OSU,Texas,and Kansas State.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

We would still share the regular season title, tiebreakers only apply to seeding at the Big 12 Tourney. Also, it would depend on where everyone else falls. For example, if Baylor finishes ahead of WVU, KU would get the tiebreaker since they beat Baylor twice. If ISU wins Wednesday, and OSU finishes ahead of Baylor, then ISU gets the tiebreakers since they beat OSU twice.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
But we also lost to Tech and they didn't. Tech is a worse loss.

Not how tie breaker works. First tie breaker is only for seeding. They would be Co Champs regardless. Second since we split head to head it is record against next team lower until you have a discrepency. So basically if Baylor finishes above WVU, KU gets the 1 seed if WVU finished above BU we do if we win out and they lose only at OU.

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014

Thoughts?

KU:

TCU (Home) W
@KState - probable W
Texas (Home) W
WV (Home) W
@OU Possible L

ISU:

@OSU
@ Texas
Baylor
@KState
OU
@TCU

All that matters is we beat KU the third time to win the Big 12 tourney, and we beat them the 4th time to win the national title.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
We lost the outright big 12 Title in Lubbock.

By the way, best case scenario is we tie with KU to claim a share of the title, does it really matter if we're 1 or 2 seed in the tournament? We're opposite KU either way and teams 3-8 are all really equal.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Big XII - One True Champion*

Except in 99% of the scenarios involving football and basketball.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012

Thoughts?

KU:

TCU (Home) W
@KState - probable W
Texas (Home) W
WV (Home) W
@OU Possible L

ISU:

@OSU L
@ Texas L
Baylor W
@KState L
OU W
@TCU W

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
All that matters is we beat KU the third time to win the Big 12 tourney, and we beat them the 4th time to win the national title.

I will be surprised if KU gets very far in the tourney. They just seem to wilt under pressure and do not seem to do well with other conference's officials.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I can't envision a scenario where ISU or KU wins out. It's not necessarily a knock on either program, it just speaks to the overall strength and competition in the conference this season. A share of the conference championship is still very much in play, but it would take a mini-collapse from KU and the Cyclones would suddenly have to become road warriors for ISU to win it outright. Not likely.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Thoughts?

KU:

TCU (Home) W
@KState - probable W
Texas (Home) L
WV (Home) W
@OU Possible L

ISU:

@OSU W
@ Texas W
Baylor W
@KState W
OU W
@TCU W

F-it all... I'm calling my shot. Kansas will **** away 2 games and ISU is going to win out.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
F-it all... I'm calling my shot. Kansas will **** away 2 games and ISU is going to win out.

My first thought is, God I hope you're right.

My second thought is....

will-ferrell-your-crazy-o.gif