Rats.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
You mean the game where we had 50,000 in attendance and beat you?

Or would you like to discuss the fact that our women's basketball attendance was higher than your men's basketball attendance?

When was the last time you guys sold out a FB game that wasn't against Iowa/Nebraska or filled with thousands of UNI Panther fans?

I'm half joking/half serious with this question, I'd actually like to know. I graduated from ISU in 06 and I don't recall too many sellouts.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Thousands of UNI Panther fans??? I didn't know there were that many. I just figured it was a bunch of Hawk fans who went the wrong way on 380.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
You mean the game where we had 50,000 in attendance and beat you?

Or would you like to discuss the fact that our women's basketball attendance was higher than your men's basketball attendance?

Excellent question.

And when we compare football attendance, do we consider how many people are in Kinnick Stadium at the start of home games against MAC teams, or how many are left at the end?

bandit

Apr 21, 2006
My avitar wonders if part of this money will endow a bail fund for the athletic department

IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2007
Ames
When was the last time you guys sold out a FB game that wasn't against Iowa/Nebraska or filled with thousands of UNI Panther fans?

I'm half joking/half serious with this question, I'd actually like to know. I graduated from ISU in 06 and I don't recall too many sellouts.

Yessir there it is!!! Another hawkeye faithful that couldnt even graduate from iowa....

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Yessir there it is!!! Another hawkeye faithful that couldnt even graduate from iowa....

You have to be an alumni to be a fan? Crap...now I've got to figure out how to graduate from the Chicago Cubs and the Miami Dolphins.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
My parents grew up in Iowa Falls, my aunts and uncles still live there as well as my grandparents. I don't know what it is about that town, but it's like my second home and I love it!

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
My parents have bought a lot of cars from Dale. I didn't not know this was the case. 5 million would be a great donation for us right now.
"Sure hope it doesn't hail in Iowa falls anytime soon Dale"

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
A Clone making fun of Hawkeye attendance... that's rich. Have you been to an ISU football game lately?

You realize we are talking about BASKETBALL right? You know that thing where you shoot something the color of an orange into a basket? Also averaging 49k per home game for a 3-9 team aint bad. At least we don't boo our seniors on their last game ever (yes that was a low blow but so was your statement :wink:).

Also...... ISU:15 EIU:13 (No touchdowns ftw?)

Also also...... We beat you in basketball and won the Hy-Vee trophy.

I'm just getting this all out there because I'm sure I'll be inclined to say it in the future.

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota

Toldeo, Kent State, and UNLV were all pretty packed. Same with Oklahoma this year.

wantapet

Apr 11, 2006
Johnston, Ia
Oh the memories of Iowa falls....Went to ECC for a part of a semester. I have to tell you, it was hell. The townies against the college students is funny though, they hated us.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Toldeo, Kent State, and UNLV were all pretty packed. Same with Oklahoma this year.

"Pretty packed" does not = sold out. What is the max capacity at JT anyway? Has there ever been a definite number?

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
You realize we are talking about BASKETBALL right? You know that thing where you shoot something the color of an orange into a basket? Also averaging 49k per home game for a 3-9 team aint bad. At least we don't boo our seniors on their last game ever (yes that was a low blow but so was your statement :wink:).

I'm just getting this all out there because I'm sure I'll be inclined to say it in the future.

Just ignore him, he is obviously nothing more then a troll. Says he graduated from ISU but his interest in ISU is nothing more then academic, which really explains why he lurks around on the Cyclone Academic(I mean Athletic) website all the time taking pot shots all the time. SoHawk is at least respectable even though he is a spinmiester, but DJK is only here to flame. Could candidate for ignore list.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Just ignore the puke, he is obviously nothing more then a troll. Says he graduated from ISU but his interest in ISU is nothing more then academic, which really explains why he lurks around on the Cyclone Academic(I mean Athletic) website all the time taking pot shots all the time. SoHawk is at least respectable even though he is a spinmiester, but DJK is only here to flame. Could candidate for ignore list.

Go through all of my 17 posts on this site and try to find a flame. I've made a few jokes at ISU's expense but besides that I've been polite. And I'm not a troll, the only reason I started posting here is because this is the best ISU site on the net that doesn't cost money.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Iowa averaged nearly 60K during a 1-10 season

Iowa is 18-7 in the last 25 games

Nobody cares about the Cy-Hawk series (oh yes, I went there).

How else can I spin things in my favor? I'll think of something. :)

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
Iowa averaged nearly 60K during a 1-10 season

Iowa is 18-7 in the last 25 games

Nobody cares about the Cy-Hawk series (oh yes, I went there).

How else can I spin things in my favor? I'll think of something. :)

1. I think it's well known that Hawks have a large fan base, wasn't arguing that. ???

2. In the last year the Hawks are 0-1 :wink:

3. You would if you won it. (Agree it isn't that big of a deal, but I think it should get more attention so other sports actually mean something to fans).

4. Idk, but I like playing tug of war?

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
Only a hawk fan would be dumb enough to confuse a professional sports franchise with an accredited educational instution. No, your just a jerk off for cheering for your own school's arch rival. It's like going to Valley and being a Dowling fan, or living in Wisconsin and cheering for the Vikings. You're just a bandwagon douche, thats all...

There are a TON of Wisconsin sports fans in Minnesota, most annoying thing ever. Believe it has to do with Wisconsin not having nerely enough high paying jobs to keep their college grads in state, but still, they should stay where they belong. (Everyone one of them is also "that guy" that makes it their lifes ambition to let you know they're packer/badger fans).

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
The owner of Hawkeye Renewables used to own Heartland Pork and is a turdball hawk fan. Worked quite a bit with Bruce Rastetter in my former career and could trust him as far as I could throw him with 2 broken arms so he fits in with the typical thug U fan very well.

Be careful, Hawkeye Renewables has relocated their corporate offices to Ames. And Rastetter has donate $1M (I think) to ISU's Ag Entreprenuerism program.

Help Support Us

Become a patron