Hopslam shipping to IA the week of January 26

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Thank god for Untappd. I was thinking that I thought Hopslam was overrated but then I went back and looked at last year and saw that I loved the stuff. I guess 489 unique beers will do that to you.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Thank god for Untappd. I was thinking that I thought Hopslam was overrated but then I went back and looked at last year and saw that I loved the stuff. I guess 489 unique beers will do that to you.[/QUOTE

I haven't checked out Untappd yet, I might have to give it a try. I do think Hopslam is overpriced, but I love the stuff.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Thank god for Untappd. I was thinking that I thought Hopslam was overrated but then I went back and looked at last year and saw that I loved the stuff. I guess 489 unique beers will do that to you.
It might have been you tried it in two separate years, causing the confusion. I know a year or two in there where it was not near as good as it had been in prior years. I don't believe I had any last year, so can't speak on that batch.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
It might have been you tried it in two separate years, causing the confusion. I know a year or two in there where it was not near as good as it had been in prior years. I don't believe I had any last year, so can't speak on that batch.

May be true. I rated the 2013 as 3.5 and the 2014 as 4.5. Probably has more to do with my palate than the beer itself.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI

Holy smokes, I have exactly 489 distinct check ins myself. I need to figure out something really good for #500! I had Hopslam on tap last year in Michigan, was fantastic. Glad to see Iowa is getting some, I just hope it's not old. I think they already bottled it...?

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Holy smokes, I have exactly 489 distinct check ins myself. I need to figure out something really good for #500! I had Hopslam on tap last year in Michigan, was fantastic. Glad to see Iowa is getting some, I just hope it's not old. I think they already bottled it...?

I think they bottled it last week so it should be good. That is one of the tricky things with the limited hoppy ones, I always want to save them but definitely are better when they are at their freshest.

ISUFAN80

Mar 18, 2008
I think they bottled it last week so it should be good. That is one of the tricky things with the limited hoppy ones, I always want to save them but definitely are better when they are at their freshest.

Any IPA or double IPA is best drank right away. Michigan is not very far so we do get it very quickly. I have had it at their brewery and it is amazing too. Most sell it 20 or 22 a six pack and many sell it by the bottle.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Where is a good place in CR to pick this up? Last year I was stopping by the Hy-Vee on 32nd damn near daily. I'm hoping for something on the west side of the city.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Where is a good place in CR to pick this up? Last year I was stopping by the Hy-Vee on 32nd damn near daily. I'm hoping for something on the west side of the city.

Excellent question. Benz usually gets stuff, but it disappears fast.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Yeah, I'm looking to try to find it off the beaten path so it's a bit easier to get. Time to start talking to the liquor dept. managers.

Benz or the HyVees is about it for CR

If I see it, I'll definitely post on here or shoot you a PM.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Called John's Grocery tonight (Iowa City), they said they expected it the first week in February, likely on Friday the 6th. Seems a bit late so I don't know if shipments are behind or what.

AustinHawk

Dec 10, 2009
Red's has a sign up as you walk in announcing when they are tapping Hopslam, but for the life of me I can't remember the date. It may have been the 6th also.