Memorabilia

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
I was just wondering what people would say is their favorite piece of ISU memorabilia that they own. Mine has to be either the authentic helmet signed by McCarney or the signed Seneca Wallace ball.

wantapet

Apr 11, 2006
Johnston, Ia
My father was ill with leukemia, while he was going through his first round of chemotherapy at Mercy, before heading to Mayo, Cy personally brought my dad a team signed football with a personalized note from Dan wishing him well. It was neat seeing Cy in the hospital. Anyway, my dad did not win the fight and has since passed. Needless to say that football and note are my most prized cyclone memorabilia.

Last edited:

clonefarmer

Apr 16, 2006
My wife entered a raffle at our local school and got me a limited edition ISU basketball signed by GMac and all of this year's team with the exception of Vette and Brister, of course. Gave it to me on my birthday last week. Very Nice!

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I've got a framed and autographed #40 Fred Hoiberg jersey. Bought it back when they had very cool Cyclone Shootouts. Was able to go down on the floor with my dad to get the jersey and meet Fred.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I don't have anything signed or anything like that. I guess my favorite cyclone possession would be the Cyclone seat covers my girlfriend made for me in my 1968 Ford pickup she bought be last summer. She also made a Cyclone dash cover and bought Cyclone floormats. The truck was a suprise as well. It was sitting in my driveway when I returned from Iowa last summer. It is kind of my Cyclone mobile.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I was working at a brain injury center in Ankeny 2 years ago we had a little boy who was a huge ISU fan. In a coma, he always wore his ISU bandana, had an ISU blanket, and has ISU posters all over his room. He had a crappy little football that they used to put into his hands for sensory integration.

I emailed Jamie Pollard about this kid and he gave me a free football with a few autographs on it. I just happend to be outside the IPF when coach Mac came out after practice. I asked him if he would sign the ball too. Very kindly he of course replied. He also took me inside to practice and asked his players to sign too. All the players were more than willing to sign the ball. I left with a free football loaded with well wishes and autographs.

It was a quick reminder for me how good of people we have at ISU, as well as made his family very happy.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
Dwayne Crutchfield game jersey. Tear away. Never wore it, in the stack of back-ups. Already cut to midriff.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I kept my plastic soda cup from my first ISU basketball game back in the '70s. Kicking Cy on it.
I also have a Cyclone logo headrest cover from the charter aircraft the football team took to Shreveport back in 2005. I ended up working on that aircraft before it left with the team, and they had some extras.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
I've got a super piece..... I have the printing plates used to print the front page and interior continuation/photos/etc of Cael's Gold Medal performance in the Olympics, that was used by the Cedar Rapids Gazette the day after his victory. They are frame and it's signed by Cael.

I also have a few team signed FB's and BB's, but the Cael printing plates have to be my all time favorite.

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
Iowa State hand towel that smelt like beer that I picked up before the 02 nebraska game. Had to hide it from my dad because he wanted to throw it. After we won I washed it and hung it on my wall.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It's a tie

1) my pep band shirt from ISU's Sweet 16 appearance in San Antonio. I got most of the team to autograph the shirt. Cato, Willoughby, Klay Edwards, Jacy Halloway and Shawn Bankhead's autographs on it.
2) Autographed Seneca Wallace picture given to me by a friend.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
My favorite thing would probably be my John Holliday Iowa State print poster (think "Where's Waldo" in terms of design) that my sister bought for my birthday many years ago. Unfortunately the guy is a total Hawkeye homer, but he did make a pretty sweet ISU poster...

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i have alot of signed tshirts..

but i would have to say my favorite

my Ellis Hobbs signed Photo.. i got it when he was at Toyota before the NFL Draft..

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Cael bobble-head. Now I just need to get it signed.

I'm still furious at myself for missing the dual where the Cael bobbleheads were passed out.

I have a never-folded Cael Sanderson Wheaties box, autographed. General Mills set up a booth at the engineering career fair and anyone who dropped off a resume got a flat box. I think they had Cael in signing them for an hour or so.

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
I have a number of autographed pictures and posters. My favorite is from back in 1995 when Fred Hoiberg was the feature of the Inside College Basketball section in Sports Illustrated (article titled "Meet the Mayor" with a picture). My brother who was at ISU at the time helped get this signed for me. I was still in high school. I have it framed and hanging right next to me actually. I later got more Hoiberg autographs in person but the SI one is my fav.

Second favorite is one of the Cael autographs I have. This one specifically is after he won the Gold. He signed it to me, Go Cyclones, Cael Sanderson Olympic Champion.