Judge orders whites out of the courtroom

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
A black Georgia judge, Marvin Arrington ordered white lawyers to leave his courtroom so he could lecture the black defendants.

Arrington said he was fed up seeing a parade of young black defendants shuffle into his courtroom. “I didn’t want them to think I was talking down to them; trying to embarrass them or insult them; be derogatory toward them,â€￾ said Arrington, explaining his decision to send the white lawyers out of the courtroom, “and I was just saying, ‘Please get yourself together.’â€￾

Link:
Arrington: We have obligation to speak about thuggery | ajc.com

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
sounds like a man who is tired of seeing the youth of his race fall onto the wrong side of the law. we still have a long way to go and its gonna take a lot better role models in this world, but I have no problem with what that judge did and said. The crimes he tells them about are just sad to hear...

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I like the fact that this guy and Bill Cosby setp up and try to speak their mind. What I don't like is how people all focus on the white people being kicked out of the room Focus on the message, not the method in which it was delivered.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
How bout a white judge ordering all of the African American people out of the courtroom? What would he be called?

sadly because of the past in this country with persecution of african americans, we all know what a white judge doing that same thing would possibly be called for lecturing african american youths.

In this story's unique case, I find the people who point the judge out as a racist are idiots. those people are missing the point which was this judge was trying to make a point to african american youths.

I don't know if this judge followed correct law or court procedure in doing this (I can't say I am an expert in that), but I do think he was speaking his mind for the betterment of the youths who come into his courtroom.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Arrington said he was fed up seeing a parade of young black defendants shuffle into his courtroom. “I didn’t want them to think I was talking down to them; trying to embarrass them or insult them; be derogatory toward them,” said Arrington, explaining his decision to send the white lawyers out of the courtroom, “and I was just saying, ‘Please get yourself together.’”

He should have just called coach Ferentz and told him to come get his team.

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
How bout a white judge ordering all of the African American people out of the courtroom? What would he be called?

That's the society that we live in and it will never change. Everyone is always afraid to mistreat the minority but whole heartidly bashes the majority. It will never change.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
More of this type of man, and less of the Rev. Wright type and America will be in much better shape.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
see i really dont mind that he did this.. and i understand why he did.. but if it was the other way around.. just like som1 said.. he would prob be unemployed

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
sadly because of the past in this country with persecution of african americans, we all know what a white judge doing that same thing would possibly be called for lecturing african american youths.

In this story's unique case, I find the people who point the judge out as a racist are idiots. those people are missing the point which was this judge was trying to make a point to african american youths.

I don't know if this judge followed correct law or court procedure in doing this (I can't say I am an expert in that), but I do think he was speaking his mind for the betterment of the youths who come into his courtroom.
I don't think there is anything mean spirited about his intentions, but I have to question whether the process he used to do this was proper, and what kind of message that action sent as well. Sending white lawyers out of the room implies that the youth's attitude toward receiving a dressing down in front of them was correct.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Wait till the wonderful Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev Al Sharpton bring their circus and side show to this debacle. This won't be messed up proper until them thugs get involved. People like them are the ones that keep racism alive and thriving.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I actually cannot fault this guy's intentions or technique.

Except for protecting these scumwads' precious egos.