Watching tv won't make you happy

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Research suggest that watching television won't make you happy.

Things that make people happy include visiting friends, exercising, attending church, listening to music, fishing, reading a book, sitting in a cafe or going to a party.

Link:
Getting Going - WSJ.com

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Guess I am not part of this group. Most of my favorite things are not on his list and most of his great stuff is not my bag. Therefore, this feels like some odd results.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I dunno, watching TV makes me happy... Mostly because I never get to just relax and watch tv with the wife... too many kids around.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I didn't even read the article. There's no point. It's a lie. TV makes me very happy, especially when the clones win.

Why do you post such blasphemy?

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
TV is a huge waste of time but it's nice and mindless.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
TV makes me happy. NCIS, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory. Lots of happiness wrapped up right there. I laugh harder during those shows than I do talking to my friends or family, unless of course we're talking about those shows!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Maybe the Prof has an agenda? Like someone did not give him his big break.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I love TV as much as anyone, but would it kill you to read a book every once in a while, people?

A recent study found that 1 in 4 adults hadn't read one book of any kind in the past year.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I love TV as much as anyone, but would it kill you to read a book every once in a while, people?

A recent study found that 1 in 4 adults hadn't read one book of any kind in the past year.

Does reading a big CF count like plane on a threadmill or Scrabble? Gow about all the blogs? Remember books use to be smaller many years ago - now thse action novels can be 600 pages. That is big.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
ALF used to make me laugh...

I do prefer listening to music over watching TV...

Well...I prefer watching music over listening to TV.

I always thought I watched a lot of TV. But I know I read a lot, I read at least 1 book a week. And I work like 60 hours a week. I guess I have a lot more free time than I thought.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
TV = The Devil. We haven't had TV for 2 years, now, and before that, we watched very little. We're "book people" if you will.

The internet does tend to consume a disproportionate amount of our time, though. We may need to trim back on that.

Heck, screw interpersonal relationships. I LOVE photons....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron