Fan Etiquette

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
What advise would you give to your fellow fans?

1. If you have two tickets don't think you can put three kids and two adults in those two seats. Today in my immediate area of the 18 seats there were 15 adults, three teenagers and eight kids with their Jr Cyclone Club lanyards

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013

1. If you have two tickets don't think you can put three kids and two adults in those two seats. Today in my immediate area of the 18 seats there were 15 adults, three teenagers and eight kids with their Jr Cyclone Club lanyards

You could report them to the usher but it could potentially make you look like a ******.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Yeah - we had that in my section a few years back too. Couple guys got tickets in our row, and about 5 of their buddies were cheap and got hillsides, then came up and packed the row. ****** me off

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Be happy people actually want to watch the game. I have a feeling by the end of the season, there will be plenty of room in the stands.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

How did they even manage that? Wouldn't the people at the gates stop them?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Guys next to us have 3 seats and 4 kids between them. I ask if the kids need a ticket and one guy told me "we just by the Jr club tux and stick the kids anywhere"

We've known them for a few years so we let it slide but it's a **** move if u don't know the people

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Advice #2. Don't get mad at everyone around you because they are cheering and you cannot hear the person you called

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Had old guy behind me yell at me for standing up on 3rd down while ISU was on D. WTF!! I decided to stand for lots of things after that. I know, I'm a ****.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Do Jr. Cyclone's get hillside normally?

If a kid is getting in solely by a Jr Clum membership, their "ticket" is hillside. People brought kids into the stands last year and JCC was getting complaints (rightly so). The director of the JCC threatened to address complaints herself last year (not sure if she ever followed through).

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
A different issue for me. Our seats are like 7-8 seats in. When I went out and came back the old ****** guy on the end makes no effort to move so I can get through the row to my seat.

Apr 19, 2006
That's one reason I get the padded seats so I'm guaranteed to have x amount of real estate.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That's one reason I get the padded seats so I'm guaranteed to have x amount of real estate.

My Dad buys four season tickets for three guys--they aren't huge guys but they like their space. Sometimes he'll offer my hubby the 4th ticket but he hates trying to squeeze in by them. They even have the chair backs, too.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
This happened to me at a basketball game, but screaming curses when the other team hits a 3 isn't needed, especially when we are up by over 20.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I have had a similar problem in the past in my area. A group of adults invite family and friends into our area. The passive aggressive approach is to get chair backs. The other option, if you want anonimity, is to speak to an usher at the top of your seating section and they will typically take action. I had a problem last year with a drunk yelling f-bombs constantly and the ushers came down and took care of. Even noticed the next week security walked up the isle more frequently.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa

Yesterday, two adults with four kids so adults took turns standing at the end of the row in the aisle.