CFTV: Paul Rhoads' postgame presser (NDSU)

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It's game 1. If he says the bottom is falling out he loses the team for the year. CPR to me looked devastated and angry at the same time. Kind of like all of us.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Sounded like zero accountability to me. Just tacking on another loss, NBD. He's untouchable b/c he won a few big games 3+ years ago. Even though he's done nothing since.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Well, he said that it's a good thing that we need drastic improvement in all areas of the game after the 1st game of the season. So there's that.

Because who would have wanted us to come out like Texas A&M the other night and look really good in all aspects and put a beat down on the opponent, right?

It's a GOOD thing that we have a lot of areas to work on!

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Someone explain to me why Brackens was 2nd team? Ridiculous. I could care less if he is lost at times. He brought more effort and energy and made more plays than all of our other lbs combined. Brackens is, by far, our best athlete at LB and if Ferch is starting next week Wally should be fired.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
He's doing his best to hold the program together at this point. I think he mostly said the right things. Unfortunately, he's getting close to having no credibility left, and sounding like Bagdad Bob. At some point, even at Iowa State, you MUST win some games and especially the ones like this where you should win.

We all know it's a huge setback, and so does he. He's got to try to sounds enthusiastic. There's 11 more games to play, and he's got to try like heckfire to scrape some wins together.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Someone explain to me why Brackens was 2nd team? Ridiculous. I could care less if he is lost at times. He brought more effort and energy and made more plays than all of our other lbs combined. Brackens is, by far, our best athlete at LB and if Ferch is starting next week Wally should be fired.
Yeah, Brackens should start. At least he can tackle.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
The thought of the ISU team we saw today against Baylor, OU, etc is frightening. Baylor's record breaking margin of victory against ISU may only stand for one year.

Baylor could have put up 100 today. Our offense and ST did not give up any points today. That probably is not true against a good team.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
CPR had better figure out a way to get his playmakers the ball or he isn't going to have any playmakers at all. Hell, what am I saying? He's gone after this season no matter what now.

But seriously, where was Aaron Wimberly today? Where was Bibbs? Why aren't the good players being put in a position to succeed?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
This looks a lot like the Donnie Duncan teams. Not sure what everyone else saw, but I saw an ISU team that was out of shape today. Tired and not in good enough shape.

A few people on this site act like losing Tom Farniok is like losing Micheal Jordan...Tom is a hell of a center, but my god people, he isn't the best player in the country.

We knew NDSU was running and exactly what play was coming and still could not stop it. Talent isn't there on defense to fix this, it just isn't there. Need to score 42 points minimum to win the game and we don't have a QB or Oline, or receivers capable of that.