possible optimism?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Just thought of this and this is literally the only thing I could come up with trying to be optimistic. With all the fans calling for rhoads head. Will the players use this for motivation and maybe just maybe play better. Afterall rhoads is a players coach. I understand you can't miraculously give players talent they don't have but maybe this can give them some motivation and reason to not quit. Just a thought

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I thought the pass protection was improved, for whatever reasons we didn't get the ball out, maybe that's something they can fix.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just thought of this and this is literally the only thing I could come up with trying to be optimistic. With all the fans calling for rhoads head. Will the players use this for motivation and maybe just maybe play better. Afterall rhoads is a players coach. I understand you can't miraculously give players talent they don't have but maybe this can give them some motivation and reason to not quit. Just a thought

Optimism? Ummmmm..... not all of our players got hurt? That's all I could come up with, sorry.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
If a couple of essentially community colleges can ****-stomp us, with the right staff we can compete in the Big 12. Few teams "play up" with horizontal, finesse offenses though.

Maybe after watching film CPR will give up on having the passing game be our run game.

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
I thought we looked like an FBS school for the first quarter, and it was refreshing. We are young and I think we will look that way soon enough under Mangino. I very much liked what I saw out of his play calling, we just need to execute better (that will come with time).

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The players will probably use it for motivation.

But who cares. No amount of motivation can fix their lack of talent.

Lets be honest, 15 of our 22 starters would be second stringers for NDSU.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I thought we looked like an FBS school for the first quarter, and it was refreshing. We are young and I think we will look that way soon enough under Mangino. I very much liked what I saw out of his play calling, we just need to execute better (that will come with time).
JFC, this offense must be very tough to get down or very easy to adjust to, because the execution has been horrible for the entire Rhoads tenure. Today looked like Mess was in the booth even on the first series. We will never have success when our offense is focused in going sideways.

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
JFC, this offense must be very tough to get down or very easy to adjust to, because the execution has been horrible for the entire Rhoads tenure. Today looked like Mess was in the booth even on the first series. We will never have success when our offense is focused in going sideways.

You mean the first series where we scored a touchdown?

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Well, I am sure that the offense will improve under Mangino, and the defense is very young. So we will get better.

tumblr_lq4wrcc3Mu1qhgga6o1_500.jpg