Season over before September

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Since the ISU football season is over before September, will you watch with the same excitement? I will watch ISU games because I like ISU. If you are questioning me, yes the season is over. Before the 2014 season started, 63 FBS teams lost to FCS schools. Of those 63, only 7 made a bowl game. Recently that was Michigan, VA Tech and K-State. If you think ISU belongs in the same breath with those teams you are delusional.

Did Rhoads hire his replacement by bringing Mangino on staff? I think there is a good chance of that. Do you think there are any other FBS coaches that lost to FCS teams in years 5 and 6 and are still employed? Look that up and let me know your thoughts. Heck how many FBS schools have lost back to back years against FCS schools?

Can we also admit Sam Richardson is not a winning quarterback? Doesn't Rohach have more wins than Richardson in many fewer games? Remember, Richardson came in for Jantz again KU in 2012 so he did not start.

How long until basketball?

(PS don't give me Farniok crap. He is a freaking center and did not give up 34 straight points.)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I will watch because I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

However, if we lose the next couple, I very well might just go golfing on Saturday's instead. I learned a long time ago that Saturday's in the fall, especially when ISU football is terrible, is a great time to golf. The courses over here eastern Iowa are dead on Saturday's because all the Hawk fans are watching Iowa. It's great.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Since the ISU football season is over before September, will you watch with the same excitement? I will watch ISU games because I like ISU. If you are questioning me, yes the season is over. Before the 2014 season started, 63 FBS teams lost to FCS schools. Of those 63, only 7 made a bowl game. Recently that was Michigan, VA Tech and K-State. If you think ISU belongs in the same breath with those teams you are delusional.

Did Rhoads hire his replacement by bringing Mangino on staff? I think there is a good chance of that. Do you think there are any other FBS coaches that lost to FCS teams in years 5 and 6 and are still employed? Look that up and let me know your thoughts. Heck how many FBS schools have lost back to back years against FCS schools?

Can we also admit Sam Richardson is not a winning quarterback? Doesn't Rohach have more wins than Richardson in many fewer games? Remember, Richardson came in for Jantz again KU in 2012 so he did not start.

How long until basketball?

(PS don't give me Farniok crap. He is a freaking center and did not give up 34 straight points.)
Anyone brining up that Sam didn't start at KU like it supports their argument is not to be taken seriously.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I agree, the season is essentially over already at this point. Sucks to have the two consecutive seasons end on opening weekend, but here we are. Again this year I don't need to save any PTO for a bowl trip, as that is definitely not happening.

Just like last year, I'll go to all the home games because I already have the tickets. Not going to let them go to waste. But I get to go to them without any butterflies in my stomach, the "what ifs" wondering what kind of post-season implications each game may have while on my drive to Ames. Wondering who will step up and make the big plays to get the team over the edge and secure the win. None of that matters the rest of the season as it's already a lost cause.

Sure would like to get those feelings back within the next few years. After 10 years of season tickets, I'm seriously considering not renewing next year. Contrary to what some members of the local media believe, the south end zone project will have no bearing at all on my decision to renew or forgo season tickets next year. The stadium will NOT sell me for next season. The rest of these games this season will make that determination. If we don't see some serious improvement from here on out, my decision will become much easier.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
I just don't understand why we can't pass the damn ball. Even a couple seconds should be enough to get off a pass for at least a slant. I don't ******* get it. **** it all.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
If you think this loss was on Sam then you clearly are very bad at watching football.

A person in a different thread was saying ISU was clearly the superior team....after the game ended

I can only shake my head and drink my Lone Star

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Didn't say that. You are clearly bad at reading posts.

You said Sam was a "practice warrior", indicating he's someone who wins practice but sucks at games (see, Miller, Jevohn, 2013). Tell me where you weren't implying that Sam cost us this game.

I'm listening. I can hear your backpedaling from here.

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
My expectation was 5 wins, and my best case scenario was 7 wins. So, no, not over after one loss for me anyway.

I'm right there with you buddy.

I like how everyones already throwing in the towel after this game, yes it was super bad, does that mean the whole season will be super bad? Maybe, maybe not.

Time to beat KSU.