Your Reaction Sucks!

TyClone

Aug 11, 2011
Clarion, IA
I'm immensely disturbed by this entire forum following the loss against a VERY good NDST program.

Yes, we got our butts kicked.
Yes, we all are ****** off.
Yes, the defense sucks.

BUT, please don't attack Paul Rhoads. Don't call for his job. The dude is freaking awesome for this university and will eventually strike gold. Besides, he's the best man for the job - PERIOD.

The offense sucked when Farniok went down. No doubt - much like last season.
Give ManGenius time to install his offense.

We have a football program that is historically one of the worst of all time. This has been and will continue to change during CPR's legacy. We lost to probably the greatest FCS school of all time. I'm sick of these armagedeon reactions from fair weather, insecure fans who can't stand by ISU for better or worse. You sound like Hok fans. And you make me sick.

Also, Chris Williams shall never be criticized for his post game comments. This dude is spot on.

Reactions: pourcyne

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
If you're a D1, major conference team (or pretend to be), you don't get dropped by 20, outscore 34-0, on your homefield to a AA school in your 6th year.

Ever.

And really as an encore to same in the 5th year opener

Questioning Rhoads ability to get it done is prefectly acceptable right now.

But otherwise - CPR will not be fired midseason. 95% likely he won't be fired this year, period. So people really should just get over that right now. And yes - Mangino deserves a break. I thought he called a good game - the guys just didn't execute. And not a single guy on this team is likely a recruit of his. So pass.

Wally - not sure what to say. He's been here all 6, where's the development? Why are we so young aside from just a couple off season dismissals.

Some criticism is well in order.

Last edited:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
FBS teams should not get embarrassed at home by an FCS team period. We suck and flat out got out coached.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
I'm immensely disturbed by this entire forum following the loss against a VERY good NDST program.

Yes, the defense sucks.

BUT, please don't attack Paul Rhoads. Don't call for his job. The dude is freaking awesome for this university and will eventually strike gold. Besides, he's the best man for the job - PERIOD.

We have a football program that is historically one of the worst of all time. This has been and will continue to change during CPR's legacy. We lost to probably the greatest FCS school of all time. I'm sick of these armagedeon reactions from fair weather, insecure fans who can't stand by ISU for better or worse. You sound like Hok fans. And you make me sick.

Also, Chris Williams shall never be criticized for his post game comments. This dude is spot on.

What has CPR done since the Oklahoma State game? (in 2011) What part of his performance since that game leads you to believe he'll strike gold?

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com

Like when he called his NDSU guru insane. Then the guy actually predicted the final score. Sorry but Chris kinda views the world of cyclone football out of reality. Basketball hes usually pretty spot on.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yawn.

McCarney was good for the university, too. Eventually it became apparent that he couldn't get the job done and we were going to be no better than a 7-win team every few years, even when we had the talent and schedule to win 10+ games certain years, and it was time to move on. And it's starting to look like it's time to move on from Rhoads as well.

You can't hang onto a guy just because he's a "good guy". The football team has to make at least 85% of the budget for the entire athletic department, and there will come a time when his inability to win will start costing the AD money. If this keeps up that time will be soon.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This team beat KSU last year at KSU with one of the best coaches in the history of college football coaching the. I think cpr is the best we can do. Plus his payoff is to high.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive

Yes, the defense sucks.

Outside of locker room speeches what has CPR done? 1 season >.500 with Chizik players. things have gotten worse since. Name another BCS coach that lost to FCS teams in back to back years and is still employed. You won't find one, you know why? BCS coaches do not lose to FCS teams and have a job!

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
CPR isn't getting fired anytime soon (not this year). However, it is incredibly defaulting to have college football season basically be over after the first game....for the second season in a row. I just want to be able to actually watch the entire season and have there be hope. Losing the easiest game of the season by 20 at home is a nuclear bomb to any home of winning 6 games...

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Yes, the defense sucks.

Coach Rhoads, shouldn't you be watching game tape and trying to fix your mess instead of posting on CF? We'll handle the amateur commentary and second guessing. Your attention is needed elsewhere.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
images

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron