My Third CPR Thread...

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
He can't recruit. He can't beat FCS teams. It's time to go. Anyone still supporting him is blind! He's no better than McCarney. Who cares who we are even capable of getting to come coach?! Nobody can do worse!

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I think it is time for him to go. But financially, can ISU do it? With his contract being fairly large and the amount of fans he would get in the stadium.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I think it is time for him to go. But financially, can ISU do it? With his contract being fairly large and the amount of fans he would get in the stadium.
I think at this point a new coach would bring new enthusiasm and fans to the program, so yes.

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
He can't recruit. He can't beat FCS teams. It's time to go. Anyone still supporting him is blind! He's no better than McCarney. Who cares who we are even capable of getting to come coach?! Nobody can do worse!

Um, a McCarney ISU beat a Pitt team with Rhoads as a defensive coordinator.

Spam

May 21, 2008

Dan might have been better. Not sure.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014

Exactly. I was worried about this the second he got that contract. Better pull off something in the next 11 games otherwise there's no reason to keep him save that big contract.

Years 5 and 6 starting off with AA loses, the second being a hammer-job. That's just ridiculous. No excuses. Don't care how many injuries, don't care about the inexperience on D (who's fault is that?), don't care how good the (AA) opponent is.

I really like CPR. Great guy, class act, enthusiasm and passion. Just not getting it done - and 6 years is enough, even at ISU, to expect to not get drilled by a AA opponent.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Didn't they already say they are raising ticket prices next year? Good luck with that. I know I won't renew them unless they win 10 games this year.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Gotta give cyclone nation some love. After a 3-9 season they filled the stadium and it looked good on TV. Numero uno reason I love iowa state so much is because of the loyal fan base.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA

Chizik's best season equals Rhoads' worst. So, yeah, it can get worse.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Yep, it is time for CPR to go.

No clue how we eat the contract but this FCS aggression will not stand man

siklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Let's just dump the football program and put all of the extra $ towards the basketball program.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
So Chizik was the worst coach in history and now you're using that to back up Rhoads?! Goodness you're blind. Rhoads has also had six years to turn this program around and it's obvious he's regressing. He remind me of McCarney: any time this program gains momentum, it falls apart and gets worse.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Long term we would have been better off with Chiz than CPR. McCarney is a better coach than CPR.

I love his passion but at the end of the day he needs to win.

siklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Seriously, let's just fire CPR and hire Fred. He can come in and wave his magic **** stick and make everything better. We all know he pisses excellence and it can't be that hard to coach a football team. Oh yeah, rabble rabble rabble...

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Apparently you don't remember Jim Walden
They are starting to have a lot more in common, that was pathetic and for once in my fandom I am embarrassed of my cardinal and gold, that should never happen.