Georgia State game on national TV

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Speaking as a cable-cutter (who I know are the minority), this isn't really great news, because it probably takes away a game that would have been on cyclones.tv.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
These guys will be good, should make for a great game for TV.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Speaking as a cable-cutter (who I know are the minority), this isn't really great news, because it probably takes away a game that would have been on cyclones.tv.

Now it looks like even the UMKC game is getting national ESPNU coverage. Not looking good for you JBH.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Looks like I might not even worry about getting CyclonesTV for the non conference. Looking like most of the games will be available.

razorbackinkc

Aug 21, 2014
Kansas City, MO

I was a cable cutter last year. I am now back on cable. It does suck though because I only use cable for live sports and HBO. I literally don't watch anything else.

I wish that the NCAA would come up with something similar to MLB at bat. For about $200/year I get every mlb game live on my iPhone or iPad. If I could get something similar for NCAA and subscribe to HBO GO without having to have HBO, I would definitely cut cable permanently.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Looks like I might not even worry about getting CyclonesTV for the non conference. Looking like most of the games will be available.

Looks like we're down to 6 games without national coverage. And even then, you have to think there's at least a chance that a game like South Carolina or Drake might get picked up.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
The South Carolina game isn't televised? I thought that the game was going to be played on EPSN.

I don't think anything has been announced and Cyclones.com schedule doesn't show any TV yet (they've already updated Georgia St. and UMKC). Seems like a safe bet to get a late pick up from somebody though, doesn't it?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

Yeah, I'm about ready to pull the plug on cyclones.tv. 1 FB game and now what looks to be just a couple of MBB games (usually in choppy low def) just doesn't make it financially worth while for me anymore. I don't have time to really take advantage of the other content.

With the demise of the Big 12 OTA network (which broadcast 7 ISU games last year), and now more games moving away from cyclones.tv, I might end up seeing just a handful of MBB games this year (whatever ends up on cyclones.tv and a couple in person). So it goes in the brave new world of college $ports...

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

This is what I'm thinking now but about an hour before the first game I can't see.....that could be a different story.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, I'm about ready to pull the plug on cyclones.tv. 1 FB game and now what looks to be just a couple of MBB games (usually in choppy low def) just doesn't make it financially worth while for me anymore. I don't have time to really take advantage of the other content.

With the demise of the Big 12 OTA network (which broadcast 7 ISU games last year), and now more games moving away from cyclones.tv, I might end up seeing just a handful of MBB games this year (whatever ends up on cyclones.tv and a couple in person). So it goes in the brave new world of college $ports...

It's a whole $10 a month. You probably spend more than that on toilet paper each month.

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010

You're doing it wrong. The games have been in good quality HD the past few seasons.