More About Student Football Attendance

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Article from today's WSJ regarding student attendance issues. Most notable declines: KU, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Purdue. Increases: KState, UCLA

I thought this graphic / link was interesting: Student Attendance

"The growing number of empty seats in student sections across the U.S. is a sign of soaring ticket prices, more lopsided games and fewer matchups against longtime rivals, and the proliferation of televised games that make it easier than ever for students to keep tailgating long after kickoff."

attendance.jpg

WSJ Link

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Article from today's WSJ regarding student attendance issues. Most notable declines: KU, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Purdue. Increases: KState, UCLA

I thought this graphic / link was interesting: Student Attendance

"The growing number of empty seats in student sections across the U.S. is a sign of soaring ticket prices, more lopsided games and fewer matchups against longtime rivals, and the proliferation of televised games that make it easier than ever for students to keep tailgating long after kickoff."

View attachment 28049

WSJ Link

Soaring prices yes, but most of those teams on the decline suck donkey nuts too. So team performance has a lot to do with it.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Soaring prices yes, but most of those teams on the decline suck donkey nuts too. So team performance has a lot to do with it.

Students would rather stay in the lots and smoke weed than go to the Colorado game. I tailgated there once, didn't make it to the game. Super Duper Fun.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

I would agree to some extent, but wouldn't base it on just my short summary list. Ohio St, Va Tech, Mich St have seen some small year-over-year declines. Florida, although have had struggles in only the past couple years, is most surprising and has been address in previous major media reports.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I thought student attendance was totally dependent on signal strength and cell tower coverage. :smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron